cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Freedom account that has two numbers on file

digopm197
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently looking into switching to Public Mobile from Freedom Mobile. My current account in Freedom Mobile covers two phone numbers and I only want to port one of them to PM without interfering with the other phone number on the account.

If I switch to switch to PM, will it close my Freedom Mobile account that still has the other active number or will it only port the number I need ported and keep my Freedom Mobile account active for the remaining active number? 

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Only the number you enter in the form will be affected

Your account will not close if you have another number on it, even if the one you transfer is primary. 

Welcome to public mobile

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@digopm197   it should not be an issue to avaoid any problems when porting use your fredom account number and the name on the freedom invoice  exatly as written.

dont forget to use a referal code to get a bonus $10 credit.  ask some one in this thread if you dont have one. ignore teh ones in your inbox as that goes aganst the terms of service.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Others have provided you with the answer.

Just to add - don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@digopm197 wrote:

I am currently looking into switching to Public Mobile from Freedom Mobile. My current account in Freedom Mobile covers two phone numbers and I only want to port one of them to PM without interfering with the other phone number on the account.

If I switch to switch to PM, will it close my Freedom Mobile account that still has the other active number or will it only port the number I need ported and keep my Freedom Mobile account active for the remaining active number? 

@digopm197 hello no it will not close your account welcome to Public

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't worry, your account will only close when you port the last number on your Freedom account (which won't happen as you only want to switch one number). You can safely port your number over to PM. Welcome! 

Need Help? Let's chat.