cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile with the same number

rositamaio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone. I just received my new Public Mobie SIM card. I was wondering what are the steps to take in order to keep the same phone-number that I have right now with Freedom Mobile while switching to Public Mobile. Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Also, to add to the information I sent.

You have to make sure that your old line is still active to allow the port and that you aren't submitting other port request in other companies. 

Best regards,

Lamie

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @rositamaio

It will be easier if you choose a  phone number that public mobile propose to you. And later when everything is set up and running ok you can port your actual number (in your self serve account ...plans and adds-on and change your number..... But you need to keep your old plan with your number you want ACTIVE or you won't be able to transfer your number...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
When you sign up and register your SIM with Public Mobile there is an option to have your number moved from your old provider.

There can be problem/delays in moving numbers so your better option is probably to choose a new number when you register then go to Change Your Phone Number in your account and request to port your old Freedom Mobile number to your new PM account.
Need Help? Let's chat.