cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans

Nill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have the ancient plan, $120 per 90 days----12GB, unlimited text and provincial talk.

is it a good idea to swicth to the new promo 30day 4.5GB plan? my old plan is hassle free and no suprising fine print that can increase the fee at later date. 

14 REPLIES 14

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nill I'd say it depends on what's most important to you.  for me saving $10 a month is pretty significant.  Do you think you average over 4.5GB each month.  I think  considering you're asking about this then you're probably not going over 4.5GB a month.  

Also, I switched my plan from LTE to the 3G to save $10 a month, and to be honest it was well worth the switch.  I barely see much of a difference between the data speeds, only real difference is as opposed to being able to use the gigs over the course of 90 days, I have to somewhat limit my data usage each month.  But to be honest I have a WIFI connection almost everywhere I go, so I tend to have extra data at the end of each month anyways.  At the end of the day the main question is, is 4.5GB enough in a month for you?  If yes, then I'd say make the switch and save yourself about $120 each year.  The speed difference in my experience from LTE to 3G was not a big difference.

The only reason I can think of to also consider is do you need a 30 day cycle for budgeting.  Even then, you can top up whenever within the 90 days.

@srlawren yes and people can run  out of data  after a couple of months and that's not necessarily a good thing either

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@Nill Also your data bucket would refill every month 

@RossN that's not necesarily a good thing.  Many people are on the 90 day plans as it gives them more flexibility about how and when they use their data, not less.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nill wrote:

pretty sure they were gonna charge more to my plan awhile back, but in the end the decision was defeated by other users 😛

@Nill there is still no guarantee that you can keep your current 2016 Fall Promo plan indefinitely at the original price, but I would say you have little incentive to change to the $40 plan at the moment unless you do quite a bit of out-of-province calling.  In the end the decision is yours of course but given that the amount of data you already have is sufficient and you rarely call out of province, I'm not sure I'd give up the unthrottled data for more of it (which you won't use) and extra calling (which you will rarely use).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

leocao727
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No talk in Canada, no need to transfer the new plan. 12g for 3 months are better than every month 4.5g reboot.

@Nill wrote:

4GB per month is more than enough for me. I want to get the canada wide talk but i guess it's not that important for me since I MOSTLY talk within the province. Thanks

@Nill, there is a new long-distance addon that is just for Canada and it is $5 for 500 minutes which is a great deal with the minutes not expiring until you have fully consumed them all on calls.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nill wrote:

4GB per month is more than enough for me. I want to get the canada wide talk but i guess it's not that important for me since I MOSTLY talk within the province. Thanks

But it's always useful to have should the need ever arise:)

Nill

Nill

pretty sure they were gonna charge more to my plan awhile back, but in the end the decision was defeated by other users 😛

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nill wrote:

Hello,

I have the ancient plan, $120 per 90 days----12GB, unlimited text and provincial talk.

is it a good idea to swicth to the new promo 30day 4.5GB plan? my old plan is hassle free and no suprising fine print that can increase the fee at later date. 

Depends if you feel the new plan gives you better value (more data plus Canada wide calling).

I believe the price change can happen to any plan with a 30 day notice from PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Nill wrote:

Hello,

If you need that extra 500 mb a month and don't mind going from the full LTE speed to the throttled LTE speed then go ahead.  I have the same plan and have no intentions of changing mine but I don't require extra data either.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nill wrote:

Hello,

Look out! Duck!

🙂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Nill that would be clearly your choice but the new 40 dollr plan will give you more data!! Also your data bucket would refill every month 

Need Help? Let's chat.