cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans...Is There a Limit?

donuts_waffles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

Just wondering if we would be able to switch to better plans when one comes up. I was with another provider before, and that provider has always said that I can switch to a more expensive plan but can’t switch to a plan where the cost is lower because I was on contract.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@donuts_waffles 

First of all you're making crave carbs.....so as much as I'm restricting that you or I can indulge in changing your plan as much as you want. It's recommended to do that only once every 30 days as mentioned there is no prorating on prepaid plans. However you may choose to change your now rather than on your next renewal if you need more data. If you need more than 1gb of data (1gb data add ons are $15) then it may make more economic sense to renew your plan early (now) by choosing a higher data plan. Changing from the $40/5gb plan to the $50/8.5gb plan for example. If you want to renew the same plan you must add the funds to your account balance and contact the moderators otherwise all other plan changes can be done within your account.

@RosieR 

On your next renewal is the term used to indicate its a choice if you want to continue your service for the next 30 days vs your payment due date which infers that you owe for a service you've already recieved. Your account will say your next cycle/renewal is 01/01/01 if you want to renew your payment for it is due by 11:59pm et the day before that date.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No. There is no limits, but I was downgraded into the lowest price plan. Had no problem. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@donuts_waffles  No restrictions up or down. Keep in mind that PM is prepaid so no prorating when changing plans so best to always have a plan change to take effect on your next plan renewal instead of immediately.

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 What does "time of next renewal" mean?  My next payment is due Sept 17.. is that the time of next renewal.  If it is, why do you call it time of renewal if it is time of next payment?

Plans changes can be made either effective immediately, or you can tell schedule the system to do it automatically for you when your current plan would have renewed had you not asked for a change. Please note that performing an immediately plan change on the same date as the renewal is not the same thing. To prevent paying for portions of more than one plan, the plan change must be scheduled ahead of time.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@donuts_waffles wrote:

Hi folks,

Just wondering if we would be able to switch to better plans when one comes up. I was with another provider before, and that provider has always said that I can switch to a more expensive plan but can’t switch to a plan where the cost is lower because I was on contract.

Thanks!

You can switch plans as many times as you like, even minutes after the last change if you wish. However, any immediate plan change will cause you to lose whatever the remainder of time paid is for the plan that you're leaving behind.

In most cases, it's best to schedule the system to make an automatic change at the time of your next renewal.

@computergeek541 What does "time of next renewal" mean?  My next payment is due Sept 17.. is that the time of next renewal.  If it is, why do you call it time of renewal if it is time of next payment?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your plan at anytime but it is recommended to change on next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@donuts_waffles wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks!

You can switch plans as many times as you like, even minutes after the last change if you wish. However, any immediate plan change will cause you to lose whatever the remainder of time paid is for the plan that you're leaving behind.

In most cases, it's best to schedule the system to make an automatic change at the time of your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.