cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched my sim card from iphone to android

shodder26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Iphone gave out, purchased a new android and put my sim card in the android It works but most people i know have an iphone and they are getting my texts But they cannot send them to me. My spouse has iPhone and she has no problems 

10 REPLIES 10

@shodder26You have fallen victim to the blue bubble vs green bubble syndrome. You will still receive text from users who has enabled SMS / MMS as backup in the iMessage, but honestly there is nothing you can do as you elected to leave the ecosystem, just be glad you are receiving at least some form of text from iMessage.

shodder26

Sorry. Yes he/she was very helpful, told me how to resolve problem with the android. But it will not work with any friends with an iphone unless they edit my number in contacts to a mobile not an iphone for sms rather than iPhone message or messages will not go through. Since my previous phone was an iPhone and most of my contacts have one they most likely had me in as that for iMessage. If they do not edit it then i will not receive any messages

@shodder26, as a FYI...you probably thought you did the right step, but you should really have indicated the SOLUTION was provided by @GinYVR rather than yourself. Click the 3 dots in top right of message panel to edit your response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shodder26 wrote:

In addition, you have to tell all your Iphone friends to edit your phone # in their contacts to mobile not iPhone or you still will not receive thier texts

Sigh. Apple.

🙂

shodder26

Thank you so much. In addition, you have to tell all your Iphone friends to edit your phone # in their contacts to mobile not iPhone or you still will not receive thier texts

shodder26

Ty. It  Worked

shodder26

Thank you. Worked

@GinYVR wrote:

@shodder26you need to follow the instructions here.

A nice link to know @GinYVR !!! Thanks.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@shodder26 wrote:

Iphone gave out, purchased a new android and put my sim card in the android It works but most people i know have an iphone and they are getting my texts But they cannot send them to me. My spouse has iPhone and she has no problems 

So you can’t receive texts?! Be aware that with an iPhone you have IMessage AND texts.

Can you have a look in your settings? Can you try your sim in your spouse’s phone? What happened!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shodder26you need to follow the instructions here.

Need Help? Let's chat.