cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Iphone to Google Phone and not able to receive texts from Iphones

Daisy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently switched over to Public Mobile from another provider. I had an Iphone and switched to a Google Pixel Phone (Android) and ported in my new number. I noticed that I am able to text anyone but am not able to receive back texts from anyone with an Iphone. I am guessing it might be the same with phone calls too. All my texts have been going to my old Iphone. 

Should I wait a day or so to see if my service provider is just slow in transporting my number over? Everything else works...I can text and call friends who have Androids and text everyone for that matter...it's just the issue of receiving texts. 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Daisy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome! Thanks! That all worked! 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy123 if you've just ported your number, it takes 2-3 hours to finish the port. you are probably still recieving texts on your old sim. also DO NOT cancel your previous provider, it will automatically cancel when your port is finished. you should also recieve a text saying the port has been completed.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's likely that the persons phone is not set up properly. They are likely trying to send you an iMessage which you no longer have.

They would have to go into the message settings of their iPhone and turn on the setting "send as SMS"....This way the phone is able to send both iMessage for iPhones and SMS for people with Android phones.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy123 

One last thing to remember is that you need to turn off iMessage before you leave iPhone behind, or you could run into some SMS delivery woes. If you do forget, however, you can go to Apple’s website and de-register even after you ditch the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.