cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Public Mobile from other Operator

Sudipta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I switch to Public Mobile from Seven-Eleven Speakout SIM? I want to use my current phone number.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@Joelkim wrote:

Hi. 

I switched to Public from Lucky mobile today. Porting my number took 1 second in my case. Hope it is helpful. 

Please realize that when you click on submit and it says "successfu",  that doesn't mean that it is done.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. 

I switched to Public from Lucky mobile today. Porting my number took 1 second in my case. Hope it is helpful. 

@TheGx wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sudipta 

Here is another thread about porting from Speakout:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Definetly click and follow the link the Dunkman posted above, I helped my friend port her number from 7-11 last month and it took 3-4 hours to work, didn't have to get new number first just ported straight over.

Just a clarification for other community members reading this thread the temp number recommendation is made to protect the customer from issues during the activation process with the account not being provisioned properly and not the port. In this case porting at the same time becomes a very unpleasant experience to say the least.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sudipta 

Here is another thread about porting from Speakout:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Definetly click and follow the link the Dunkman posted above, I helped my friend port her number from 7-11 last month and it took 3-4 hours to work, didn't have to get new number first just ported straight over.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sudipta wrote:

How can I switch to Public Mobile from Seven-Eleven Speakout SIM? I want to use my current phone number.

Thanks

@Sudipta  Speakout does not use account numbers best to make sure you have the correct Speakout PIN. If you don't remember what it is just call them and ask them.

As others have mentioned activate your PM sim account with a temp number and once you have setup your online selfservre account login and setup the port from Speakout by selecting the change number from the first page of selfserve.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sudipta I can't recall what speakout uses for account number,  I would call them first and ask for your account number, and or verify your pin number and imei on file. (you might need to use either of these to port)

when porting make sure your account is active and give yourself several days  just in case there is an issue with the port.

if you use a referal when activating you can get a 10$ account  credit to cover the sim cost.  in you need a referal ask someone in this thread.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sudipta wrote:

Thanks

Get a Public Mobile sim card. Activate. You'll be given the option to port your number from your current provider...best is to get a temporary number first until you're satisfied with Pm, then port old number over. Don't cancel old plan until port is completed....usually takes a week or so to port from Speakout.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

get the sim

register the sim with temporary public mobile number

then port refere here

Need Help? Let's chat.