cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will13am
Oracle

Re: Swap phone numbers between 2 PM accounts ?

@jairolevi wrote:

The reason is:

- I pay like $3 bucks a month for my cell.

- I will be getting an office cellphone.

- I was thinking, giving my wife my plan (she pays like 35 bucks in PM), and then porting out my number to speakout or voip.ms (just to keep my number)

That is the real story.

Therein lies the problem.  If you port your number to speakout, the account containing that number closes.  There would be nothing to give to your wife.  So, if you really don't need the second account, give up the number also.  In that case, you port your wife's number out to a different service and port it back into the account that you currently have with the favorable cost.  In the end, you will lose your wife's account when she ports out and you will lose your phone number when she ports back in to take over your account.  Virgin Mobile prepaid is a good source for porting in and out.  They don't require a top up to set up an account and it is only $1 to buy a SIM card on eBay. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jairolevi For that situation you have to give her your sim card & your number to make your account active with $3/month. She should close her account. You have to choose a new number

smp99

She can keep her number and put it on your account. (port out/in) I don't think there is a way for you to give her your plan and you keep your number on a different plan. 

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@meocon wrote:

@jairolevi For that situation you have to give her your sim card & your number to make your account active with $3/month. She should close her account. You have to choose a new number

I am okay with that, but what do I do when my girlfriend calls and my wife picks up the phone? 

LEGO

@jairolevi 

Dump your girlfriend and be faithful to your wife! Woman Wink

View solution in original post

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@jairolevi wrote:
I am okay with that, but what do I do when my girlfriend calls and my wife picks up the phone?

jairolevi is a funny guy! Robot LOL  Just the sort of humour that's welcomed here! lol

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@LEGO wrote:

@jairolevi 

Dump your girlfriend and be faithful to your wife! Woman Wink

@LEGOomg lol

Need Help? Let's chat.