cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious activity

Chkm8t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am not subscribed to nor do I use public mobile but for some reason I was charged via credit card this morning and I would like to know who charged my card

9 REPLIES 9

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chkm8t 

what a great "friend" you have Woman Indifferent

just goes to show you to never trust anyone with confidential info.

@Chkm8t wrote:

Yes I've done this and had my card cancelled and a new one issued and I hope they are able to give me the number so I can rest easy that it wasn't my friend who used it and lied

@Chkm8t  Since you are not the account holder then the Public moderator will not give out that info.

If you look at your cc statement regarding the PM charge note the date. PM plans are 30 or 90 day durations. Find out your "friend's" renewal date if you can. If they match bingo!

@Chkm8t wrote:

Yes I've done this and had my card cancelled and a new one issued and I hope they are able to give me the number so I can rest easy that it wasn't my friend who used it and lied

Public Mobile cannot provide you with the phone number informaiton.  That would be against privacy policy. 

Chkm8t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

JackQuint

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chkm8t wrote:

Hi I am not subscribed to nor do I use public mobile but for some reason I was charged via credit card this morning and I would like to know who charged my card

Since you have no relationship with Public Mobile, I would immediately contact your credit card company to file a chargeback for unauthorized charge, and if you are certain that you have not given anyone  permission to use your card at Public Mobile, have your card cancelled and replaced.

This would be an indication that someone else has your credit card information.

FTFY, I would contact the cc company immediately, not in five minutes or five hours.

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Should do with no delay

@Chkm8t wrote:

Since you have no relationship with Public Mobile, I would immediately contact your credit card company to file a chargeback for unauthorized charge, and if you are certain that you have not given anyone  permission to use your card at Public Mobile, have your card cancelled and replaced.

This would be an indication that someone else has your credit card information.

tehowennathe

Not sure there is anything the online community can do to help. You will have to contact your credit card company. If it's somone using your card to pay for their service, it's your credit card company who will take care of issue as it's not you who use card 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chkm8t wrote:

@Chkm8t  I think it would be best to contact your credit card company for that information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.