cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend my service

DavidGan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be out of country for three months. Can I suspend my service for three months? To keep my account, how much do I have to pay each month? Becasue  I still have some Data and  talking minutes in my account which won't be expired.

5 REPLIES 5

DavidGan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone!😀

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DavidGan wrote:

I will be out of country for three months. Can I suspend my service for three months? To keep my account, how much do I have to pay each month? Becasue  I still have some Data and  talking minutes in my account which won't be expired.

You have 90 days after your most recent plan expires. You don't have to keep an active plan but at 90 days of suspension, your account will cease for good and you'd need a new sim to start a new account.

When your current plan expires, any unused phone features Data and talking minutes will cease to work until you renew your plan.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DavidGan when you use the lost/stolen phone trick you won't have to pay monthly you just need to make sure you reactivate before the 90th day. you should reactivate your service a week ahead should any problems arise. giving yourself a buffer window to contact customer support.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DavidGan you can suspend your service for up to  89 days without paying, on the 90th day your account is closed. Simply remove your credit card if there's no balance, or use the lost/ stolen if there is . Here's an article on doing it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Personally,  a couple of days before leaving the country I would switch my plan down to the lowest plan, currently the $15 plan. Here's an article on switching plans 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Then remove my credit card. Now you are safe for 119 days from date of switch.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days.  You should make a payment before the 90 day limit to keep your account active.

Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page.

You should make a payment by the 89th day.

Need Help? Let's chat.