cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly no data available to use. Only used half of data allowance.

GarbageWhiskers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edited to add: Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer my post.

Hi all, sorry if I am posting in the wrong place (I'm kind of new to PM?). I joined in when the 3GB bonus port in promotion was happening and after some initial problems with getting my data credits accounted for (both the port in credit and the autopay), I had everything sorted out. My total data allowance was 1 GB (with the $35 plan) + 0.5 GB (autopay) + 3GB (port in bonus) for a total of 4.5 GB

When all of a sudden  yesterday, my mobile data stopped working. I didn't even check PM until today since I forgot. When I go into my profile or where ever my data allowance shows up after I login, I see absolutely no data allowance under my plan.

I added up the data usage that PM tracked from the beginning of the period (the 4th) and it only added up to 2.16 GB. Where the heck is the rest of my data??

I private messaged the mods at 2pm PST and haven't received a reply yet. I'm very unhappy with my service right now. I was really liking this company until today.

Sorry for the long post. This is a half-rant and half-has this happened to anyone before? rant

18 REPLIES 18

@hairbag1 wrote:

I can't recall but maybe there was an expiry date for the port-in bonus. Could that be the case ?

There is no expiry for the data bonus. It happens every renewal.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GarbageWhiskers Yes, it is fustrating when you want to use data when needed. Sometimes some apps run in background and you even not using it or your apps update when you have your data on. That could probably used up the data so fast. My friend got the 5GB one time bonus, she noticed that one afternoon, her apps are updating while she has her data on. She stop the process immediately. You better check your phone's setting and make sure the apps update won't running in data, but on wifi. 

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. I was trying to figure out if the 3gb showed up as part of the plan. Thanks for that.

2.1 is a curious number. The plan you got is 1 + .5. How did it get to 2.1? Rounding up the 10kb wouldn't add _that_ much.

Yea, that 2.1 has me curious too, because to get that high, there had to be some bonus already applied on the account. That's what made me think that perhaps @GarbageWhiskers may have been looking at the wrong set of days.

MandyJ

@GarbageWhiskers  Just a quick thought... are you sure you have your dates correct when you are looking up your usage? Since PM uses 30 day plans, the cycles don't fall on the same day each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GarbageWhiskers wrote:

@Anonymous 

My plan is as follows:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

That's the top. As I've mentioned, I've used 2.1 GB since the beginning of the usage period. Autopay gives me 0.5GB extra

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Ok. I was trying to figure out if the 3gb showed up as part of the plan. Thanks for that.

2.1 is a curious number. The plan you got is 1 + .5. How did it get to 2.1? Rounding up the 10kb wouldn't add _that_ much.

Edit: 1kb rounding

MandyJ

@GarbageWhiskers wrote:

@MandyJ 

The port in bonus is recurring. I haven't changed my plan or inactivated my account since my port in date. 

Unfortunately, it seems like I will just have to wait until a moderator gets back to me. I hope my case gets solved in a timely manner.

I appreciate everyone's help so far. I hope you are all having a good evening

Yea, if it was a recurring one, then it should still be there, so something obviously got messed up along the way. Perhaps it didn't renew properly because they had to manually add the bonus since it didn't properly attach itself from the get go. It's really hard to say.

Either way, hopefully you hear back from the moderators soon and they get things all squared up for you. If you absolutely can't go without data in the meantime, you could always purchase a data add-on ($10 for 200mb or $30 for 1gb.). Any leftover data from the add-on would just keep rolling over into the following months until completely used up.

GarbageWhiskers

@Anonymous 

My plan is as follows:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

That's the top. As I've mentioned, I've used 2.1 GB since the beginning of the usage period. Autopay gives me 0.5GB extra

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

GarbageWhiskers

@MandyJ 

The port in bonus is recurring. I haven't changed my plan or inactivated my account since my port in date. 

Unfortunately, it seems like I will just have to wait until a moderator gets back to me. I hope my case gets solved in a timely manner.

I appreciate everyone's help so far. I hope you are all having a good evening

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GarbageWhiskers wrote:

@Anonymous

When I click Plan Details in my account, nothing shows up under Add Ons (just blank), which I think was where the data allowance was being shown before.

No, I haven't changed my plan at all. And yes, according to the promo itself, it is recurring as long as I don't change or inactivate my account

The upper part. What are all the plan details?

Sounds like you'll be messaaging the moderators. .Click this to message them

Please be patient as it could be several hours before you hear back form them. I'm sure, they'll make you plan whole if they fouled up along the line.

Good luck.

MandyJ

@GarbageWhiskers wrote:

@hairbag1 

According to the promo, the port in bonus expires if I change my plan or if it becomes inactive. I haven't done so. I'm hoping this is just an honest mistake, but when the mods fixed the data allowance for me (after I ported in, I didn't get the bonus so I had to message them to get it all set up). I was quite sure that I received my full 4.5 GB allowance in separate columns

I'm sure most things here are honest mistakes - the system is just very glitchy it seems, especially when it comes to autopay and adding promo bonuses. At least that's my impressions after reading through the community for a while. Also from what I can tell, the moderators are happy to correct things that have gone mistakenly wrong, it's just that there's always a wait to get things done, which unfortunately is unavoidable.

GarbageWhiskers

@Anonymous

When I click Plan Details in my account, nothing shows up under Add Ons (just blank), which I think was where the data allowance was being shown before.

No, I haven't changed my plan at all. And yes, according to the promo itself, it is recurring as long as I don't change or inactivate my account

GarbageWhiskers

@hairbag1 

According to the promo, the port in bonus expires if I change my plan or if it becomes inactive. I haven't done so. I'm hoping this is just an honest mistake, but when the mods fixed the data allowance for me (after I ported in, I didn't get the bonus so I had to message them to get it all set up). I was quite sure that I received my full 4.5 GB allowance in separate columns

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GarbageWhiskers 

What comes up when you click on Plan Details? iirc the 3gb promo was recurring so it should stay around.

Did you change your plan from the $35 in the meantime?

GarbageWhiskers

I've read that might be the case in some previous posts if the data allowance disappeared from the profile. That's not possible. I have an allowance of 4.5 GB. According to PM's own tracking system (and my phone's), I have used less than half of that. 

This is not what I have signed up for. There has to be a mistake.

edit: I think I have to do @GinYVR

MandyJ

Was this your first month with Public Mobile? Or were you here last month too and possibly already used up some of your 3GB port in bonus so there wasn't a full 3GB worth left to use this month? By month, I'm meaning 30-day cycle. (I'm assuming the port in bonus was a one time add-on, which would disappear from the account when used up.) 

Also, about the wait time for the moderator response, it can take up to 48 hours to hear back from them according to the website. It all depends on their current volume of messages.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I can't recall but maybe there was an expiry date for the port-in bonus. Could that be the case ?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@GarbageWhiskers  If there is no data allowance under your profile that means you have used it up.

It depends where you are.. but the Moderator_Team works on EST.. they could be off when you message them depending on where you are.

Need Help? Let's chat.