cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully ported from Telus

chandlerparsons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm new to Public Mobile and I successfully ported my Telus prepaid to Public Mobile without any issues using the same email address. I just used the account number, pin, name to port.

Anyway, I read people are getting issues with the refer-a-friend reward after porting. Can the mod verify my number if people can refer me using my new number? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

@yjedi1238 wrote:

Ported my Telus Prepaid this morning. It was easy and showed a successful port in about a minute or two. Inserted my Public Sim, powered up phone and everything works as it should. Thanks for all info provided in this community

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Don't forget to claim your free holiday gifts. Link below!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-Gifts-for-All-During-our-More-is-M...

Also try your luck for $100 Amazon gift card. Link below!.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Win-a-100-Amazon-gift-card-with-our-Mor...

Happy Holidays!

yjedi1238

Ported my Telus Prepaid this morning. It was easy and showed a successful port in about a minute or two. Inserted my Public Sim, powered up phone and everything works as it should. Thanks for all info provided in this community

@yjedi1238 wrote:

I signed up with a new Telus number 2 days ago....and I will be porting my Telus Prepaid to Public. I am hoping it goes well..Will post my outcome.

It'll get done fast if the right information is provided. Ports from Telus can take just seconds.

yjedi1238

I signed up with a new Telus number 2 days ago....and I will be porting my Telus Prepaid to Public. I am hoping it goes well..Will post my outcome.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to PM OP.

It should show up in a couple days.

chandlerparsons

@stonechucker wrote:

Welcome to community!  Enjoy your stay 🙂

Thanks!

jp2

I'm not sure I saw another poster say it happened to them and the mod said it could happen but makes it sound uncommon 

chandlerparsons

@jp2 wrote:

I asked the same question when I joined and they told me it is usually instant but sometimes there can be a glitch. I would give it 72 hours after signing up before referring people to be safe.

Okay, I'll just wait just to be sure. But the glitch isn't permanent? 

jp2

Please don't post personal info this is a public forum. Only share personal info with the moderators using private message. I've included instructions in the spoiler

Spoiler

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.

• They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]

• Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

baffour12-abat

xxxxxxxxxxxx pin #xxxxxxxxxx

baffour12-abat

can you contact my phone so we can set it up

jp2

I asked the same question when I joined and they told me it is usually instant but sometimes there can be a glitch. I would give it 72 hours after signing up before referring people to be safe.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to community!  Enjoy your stay 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.