cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting Trouble Ticket

NickieR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to port my number over from Virgin. I asked an agent how I do this and she sent me the link on how to activate my Sim and get an account. I followed the procedure and saw my number is available to port. Hit 'Submit" and got "Error 404". I chatted with another agent who told me I can't port on my own, I need to get help and she told me to submit a trouble ticket with SIMon.

I create an account on Community and start filling out the TT. I select "I have a porting problem" and enter the number I want to port as well as my account number and SIM card number. I hit "Next" and it's asking me for my Public Mobile phone number, the last time I paid my bill and a few other PM account information to verify my identity.

If I had a PM phone number, I wouldn't need to submit my trouble ticket.

Any suggestions? I haven't managed to submit it yet and am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

12 REPLIES 12

NickieR

Thank you!! I'm not sure what was going on this morning but this worked and I'm in!!!

@NickieR 

You should be able to port your number from virgin upon activation. Your issue is probably not following the basic principles when activating. First you will have to wait 50 minutes from your last attempt. Then follow these instructions:

1. Clear your browser. Reboot your device you are using for activation.
  2. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Don't forget your referral code is entered about halfway down the first activation page.
  4. Write down your email, password, pin# and security question. Put this in a safe place.
  5. When porting your phone number. Check the authorization box first.
  6. You need the name on your virgin account. The account # and the ph# to be ported.
  7. The alternate isn't necessary but you can put your mom, spouse, child or work ph# if you wish.
  8. Review information and submit.
  9. When entering credit card address use your cards billing address except do not use the apt/unit box. Double check your official address with canada post.
  10. Enter a suite# at the start of your street address with a hyphen.(101-123 MAIN ST)
  11. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0
  12. USE ALL CAPS.

This should allow for an error free activation and number port. Your virgin account is active and has had any porting protection removed?

NickieR

Thanks! I'll try this as well!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@NickieR wrote:

Thanks! The thing is, it won't let me submit unless I fill out all of this Public Mobile account specific information? I'm stuck at step 2.

It says online you can port your number and doesn't say I need to create a new number and then port my old one. If I do create a new number can I replace it with my old one? I don't want to lose my number in the delay.

I'll try to reach them directly. Thanks!

@NickieR 

You can port over your number when you first activate the SIM card.  Otherwise, if you already have a PM number and want to port, then you will need moderator help.  The 2nd live agent was wrong.  

If you don't have an active number/account right now with PM, you can't ask moderator to help with port.  You either need to try again with whole registration process (wait 30 minutes, clear cache or incognito mode) and either try again with port or temporary set up a new phone number.  If you temporary set up a new phone number, then you will need to submit ticket to get moderator help to complete port.  

@NickieR wrote:

Thanks! The thing is, it won't let me submit unless I fill out all of this Public Mobile account specific information? I'm stuck at step 2.

It says online you can port your number and doesn't say I need to create a new number and then port my old one. If I do create a new number can I replace it with my old one? I don't want to lose my number in the delay.

You're encouraged to select a new number first...then once happy with PM, you can port your old number.

Make sure you keep your old account active...if you close it out, you'll not be able to port the number. Once the port to PM is complete, the old account is automatically closed.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NickieR  During your public mobile activation, you should be allowed to port your number from virgin mobile. I would suggest to try the activation again.

Before doing so, clear your browser cookies and try with a new tab in private mode.

Only the authorized account holder can request a number port. Make sure to enter your virgin credentials correctly including your full name and virgin account number.

@NickieR hi after creating your account with a temporary number contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port request

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner also if you add a credit card you will receive 2 dollars off every 30 days 

NickieR

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NickieR 

You can try again to activate a SIM card and port at the same time.  Maybe wait 30 minutes to try again.  Clear cache or incognito mode on web browser.  

If you are having difficulties activating a new SIM card and porting at the same time, you may need to activate an account first with a temporary phone number.  Then submit ticket for moderator to port over from Virgin.  Try to fill out the information as best you can.  Then submit your ticket.  A moderator will need to contact you via private message to verity things anyways.  

If that does not work, you can private message the moderator team directly (supposedly takes more time though to respond)

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.