cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumped!!!

Bnick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from talus to public mobile everything has gone through including payment and says my account is active. The Sim card that I put in says that I do not have service. I have been talking to a moderator and he said the Sim card was faulty so I got a brand new Sim card and I still have the same problem no service. The moderator I am connected with must be in a different time zone so he does not get back to me until late at night. Can anybody help me with thisI recently switched from Telus to public mobile everything has gone through including payment and says my account is active. The Sim card that I put in says that I do not have service. I have been talking to a moderator and he said the Sim card was faulty so I got a brand new Sim card and I still have the same problem no service. The moderator I am connected with must be in a different time zone so he does not get back to me until late at night. Can anybody help me with this? I'm not sure what else to do

11 REPLIES 11

Bnick

Hey everyone, yes all of the suggestions made were tried and still no service. Thank you all for the input and help. Looks like I have a couple moderators looking into it for me.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bnick wrote:

I recently switched from talus to public mobile everything has gone through including payment and says my account is active. The Sim card that I put in says that I do not have service. I have been talking to a moderator and he said the Sim card was faulty so I got a brand new Sim card and I still have the same problem no service. The moderator I am connected with must be in a different time zone so he does not get back to me until late at night. Can anybody help me with thisI recently switched from Telus to public mobile everything has gone through including payment and says my account is active. The Sim card that I put in says that I do not have service. I have been talking to a moderator and he said the Sim card was faulty so I got a brand new Sim card and I still have the same problem no service. The moderator I am connected with must be in a different time zone so he does not get back to me until late at night. Can anybody help me with this? I'm not sure what else to do

@Bnick  That usually happens when an account hasn't been provisioned properly and can only be fixed by the Moderator Team by resetting you account. Just ask them to reset your account. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Bnick Have you or Moderator changed the SIM card number in your account since you got a new sim card? To verify, login to your self-serve account and click on "Plan and Add-on" > "Change SIM Card". You will see last four digits that should match the sim card you are currently using in your phone. If this info is correct, you might want to try the sim in any other unlocked phone. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bnick , if you are working with a moderator to address what is supposedly a SIM card issue, there's nothing the community can do to further the resolution.  The community are useful for non account problems.  For account related matters such as yours, the moderators are the only possible resource.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bnick wrote:

Yes and it too says no service

@Bnick  Were you responding to @GR post about trying your SIM in another phone and still no service?  If that is the case and the other suggestions haven't worked, then only moderators will be able to help you with this.  If you are using the same phone as you had with Telus, then your phone should work with PM

When you want to respond to someone's post click on the dark button 'reply' (lower right) and you will see  dialogue box open where you can then click 'quote' (top right), and then type your response.  You can also tag someone by using the @ key and click the name you are replying to.  This makes it easier for everyone to know who you are replying to.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Bnick  did you try all the other suggestions they said? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bnick wrote:

You've tried the lost phone trick and including adding $1 manually and still no service? 

Maybe try powering off your phone and removing SIM and waiting several minutes before re-inserting and rebooting the phone.

Bnick

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.  Also try adding a $1 payment.

kathmoe

I was thinking the same thing -- make sure the phone is compatible. Also make sure you are in an area with coverage. Other than that, I think only a moderator can help.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Bnick  do you have another phone around that you can try the Sim card in? 

Need Help? Let's chat.