Entered PUK code.  
"INVALID"
repeated three times....then hit "dismiss"
Now it says "Not registered on network"
HELP!

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

@pmhunter 

Test your sim in another phone. If it works then it's a phone issue. Check the sim slot. Is it dirty or anything lose? Worst case scenario the phone needs repair.

I am a gadget guy.  Where can I buy a tool to inspect/clean SIM contacts?  

@pmhunter 

Try @gpixel  advice or call fido back and get it corrected. Don't know why or how fido could give you the wrong code.....since its tied to your account.

@gpixel wrote:

@pmhunter hi give Samsung a call and they will give you to correct unlock code. for the PUK code, try entering the phone unlock code the fido reps gave you. not the puk code

I am almost willing to wager that Fido gave this customer the PUK for the Fido sim card. That would be useless for the Public Mobile customer, and could not be used on a Public Mobile sim card (nor any other Fido sim card).

If the SIM Network Unlock PUK is needed, that would need to be used before the phone will accept the SIM Network Unlock PIN.  If these are needed, both would be needed to unlock the device to use on networks others than Rogers/Fido.

@pmhunter hi give Samsung a call and they will give you to correct unlock code. for the PUK code, try entering the phone unlock code the fido reps gave you. not the puk code

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pmhunter , this may be what you are looking for.  Follow the help article and contact the moderators for assistance.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

@Jessar12 Try the same network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.

pmhunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its a Samsung J3-6

pmhunter

I really need the help, I really appreciate the help but please keep in mind....all advice must be given as if you were instructing a tech-delayed two-year-old

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pmhunter if its an iPhone sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails do a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Jessar12

Your phone could possibly be previously stolen. Try bringing it in to a nearby phone repair shop, they might be able to help.

pmhunter

drat...I don't have another phone.
But here are more clues to my problem that I just found....
Network = "unknown"
Service State = "out of service"
Mobile network state = "disconnected"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pmhunter 

Test your sim in another phone. If it works then it's a phone issue. Check the sim slot. Is it dirty or anything lose? Worst case scenario the phone needs repair.

Need Help? Let's chat.