cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in Activation Limbo

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been trying to set up my mother in law's SIM for the last hour. I ported her TELUS Pay As You Go number to her new Public Mobile SIM. Once I entered the Credit Card info,  I got this scrolling circle.. and this message..  "Please wait while your activation is being processed." 

This was almost an hour ago.. Also, it did not add the $8 ADD-On I added to the regular $20 Talk Plan.

How long does it take for this step to be completed? I am guessing it is stuck but the instructions mention that I should not close the browser or click "Back" during the process. Can anyone let me know how to proceed from here? 

7 REPLIES 7

Sarlye

@mimmo wrote:

@Sarlye I would try

1) opeming a new browser private mode  and trying to login (sees if things went through

2) check if sim actually works

3) check with cc if transaction was processesed

4) try activating agan in a couple hours if the abouve didnt work

5) buy an noline voucher from recharge.com and use taht as payment to activate

6) if teh activation did not go through i would get a temporary number first then port

@mimmo Thanks for your suggestion. I closed off the old page, open a page in Incognito Page and re-enter everything and my number is ported and SIM is working perfectly now. Voice Mail is not accessible but is not a main issue. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As long as you sent all the porting info your sim card number  etc. It should not take long. I believe mods are replying in 24 hrs.

Does your mom's old Telus sim not work? If your activation did not go through then it should still work.  If activation did go through then the  sim should work. 

If you can provide more  info see my post above some better/more accurate advice can be provided.

PublicMobileAdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hit refresh. If it doesn’t refresh at a normal speed then just exit. Close the webpage, close and re open the browser. Make sure you are accepting cookies.  Import your old phone number after the activation is successful. That’s easier to do separate. 

Sarlye

@slash407 wrote:

if u port while activating, there tends to be problems from what i gather. It happened to my mom as well when she was activating

Thanks @slash407, I wished I had read that in the Activation notes. How long did it take to get your mom's issue resolved?

Sarlye

@EdmondY wrote:

Hmm...  seems to be a stuck activation, I doubt it'll complete at this point.  These things happen...   😞

You'll need to contact a moderator for assistance but it might take a few days before they'll be able to resolve it for you.

Edit:  I forgot to leave instructions to do so...  To contact the Public Mobile moderators (employees), please send a message by going here.  Please include your account name, email, phone number and PIN while contacting them to expedite validation of your account.  You might not have submitted such info in the activation process.  That's okay!  Just try to supply them with what you can, like a birth date.

Remember to include a detailed description of the problem!  They can't solve it if they don't understand what's wrong!

Thanks @EdmondY, I have sent the moderator a Private Message, hopefully it will get resolve soon.

Meanwhile, I have loan my Public Mobile phone to my mother in law as she needs a phone and I am now without a phone to use. 😞

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sarlye I would try

1) opeming a new browser private mode  and trying to login (sees if things went through

2) check if sim actually works

3) check with cc if transaction was processesed

4) try activating agan in a couple hours if the abouve didnt work

5) buy an noline voucher from recharge.com and use taht as payment to activate

6) if teh activation did not go through i would get a temporary number first then port

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmm...  seems to be a stuck activation, I doubt it'll complete at this point.  These things happen...   😞

You'll need to contact a moderator for assistance but it might take a few days before they'll be able to resolve it for you.

Edit:  I forgot to leave instructions to do so...  To contact the Public Mobile moderators (employees), please send a message by going here.  Please include your account name, email, phone number and PIN while contacting them to expedite validation of your account.  You might not have submitted such info in the activation process.  That's okay!  Just try to supply them with what you can, like a birth date.

Remember to include a detailed description of the problem!  They can't solve it if they don't understand what's wrong!

Need Help? Let's chat.