cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Porting possible ?

Firstcell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I opened an account with PM last on Sept 13. In the process of porting a landline but want a new cell phone number instead because I am unable to use my cell phone to make or receive calls.  Is this possible and how is it done ?  thanks very much, appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Probably possible if it's not in progress.  Land line port is slower, so probably good chance but September 13 is quite a few days ago.  

Firstcell

sorry I should clarify, porting was initiated as I wanted to port my landline but it was not completed.  I am still receiving phone calls on my landline at home and not on my cell phone. 

Was hoping to stop the porting process and take a new cell phone number via my account setting.  Is this possible ?  I don't want to pay for two phone numbers due to the confusion.

alexsimps

Hello Firstcell,

I would imagine you would have to let it complete and then port back the number to the landline. When you port a number it usually closes your account (if you have only one number) so you may need to make a new one. More importantly why can your phone not make or recieve calls? When porting is complete you should be able to do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Firstcell wrote:

I opened an account with PM last on Sept 13. In the process of porting a landline but want a new cell phone number instead because I am unable to use my cell phone to make or receive calls.  Is this possible and how is it done ?  thanks very much, appreciate your help.

It's normal that incoming activity doesn't work when porting but you say you can't call out. Is that what you're meaning to say? How about texts in/out? Internet browsing?

Also, landline ports take much longer than cellphone services.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Firstcell wrote:

@Firstcell  You can change numbers via your online selfservre account. Just login and select the change number link under your profile info. Also a good idea world be to click on the? Bottom right of this page and submit a ticket to the moderators to let them know to cancel the port. Give it a try and report back.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Firstcell  you would have to message the moderator_team and ask them to help you.  If you ported your landline Friday your port might be completed by Tuesday hopefully if you can wait till then.  Keep in mind the response time from the moderators is up to 48 hours also

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about porting.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number .If you need help from a moderator then click on the question mark on the bottom right to submit a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.