cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still unable to transfer my Telus phone number

Heide63
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m just about to give up and go with the phone number that came with signing up with public mobile, since it seems impossible to get it transferred to my new phone.  I’ve tried and tried again, with no luck.  I’m 77 years old, which is no excuse, just a reason.  

4 REPLIES 4

@dabr wrote:

@Heide63 wrote:

I’m just about to give up and go with the phone number that came with signing up with public mobile, since it seems impossible to get it transferred to my new phone.  I’ve tried and tried again, with no luck.  I’m 77 years old, which is no excuse, just a reason.  

@Heide63   Have you contacted moderators to transfer your number?  If not do so now by either submitting a ticket via chatbot bottom right of your screen and type in Port Request and follow prompts or by sending a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit: As mentioned by @hairbag1  your old account needs to be active in order to facilitate the porting.

The account needs to be still open, but in the case of porting from Telus, a number can still be ported from there to Public Mobile in the case of a prepaid account and the number being in suspended status because of a prepaid plan not be paid for as long as the account hasn't be closed yet from a prolonged period of inactitviy. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 wrote:

@Heide63 To Port a number in now, get some assistance. Just noticed it is a Telus number, assistance most definitely required.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 wrote:

@Heide63   Have you contacted moderators to transfer your number?  If not do so now by either submitting a ticket via chatbot bottom right of your screen and type in Port Request and follow prompts or by sending a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit: As mentioned by @hairbag1  your old account needs to be active in order to facilitate the porting.

Edit:  Sorry missed that your number being ported is from Telus and may still be available for porting as pointed out by @computergeek541 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 wrote:

Hey young man...who is your old number with ? Make sure the old network account stays active otherwise you won't be able to port it to PM.

Try calling the port group for info... ***

Need Help? Let's chat.