cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not ported from Koodo

markis13446
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My temp # is still active, even though Public Mobile porting support has said it been ported from Koodo.  Now my Koodo account has been cancelled.

Any suggestions on getting quicker support?  I submitted the initial request throught regular channels.  The port request was made on Nov 11.  The port was supposedly completed on the 16th.  I was away from the 15th until today and its still on my temp #.

Suggestions welcomed. 

17 REPLIES 17

markis13446

Yes, unbeknownst to everyone who has been trying to help me.  

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
So does your phone work? Can people call you at your ported number?

markis13446

I hope so.  I was without my # for a full month.

So yesterday my phone # finally ported - no message from mods or support that this was done.  So I'm quite nervous.

Today I got an email from support saying they will help me port, but want me to bring my account up to date - I'm already on CC auto pay?

I checked my account and the Phone number listed isn't either the temp one when I signed up or the number I had ported from Koodo.

I'll PM @Shazia_K again with the above but I'm extremely nervous someone will "fix" something that doesn't need to be fixed now and I'll be back to square one.

Rockdaddy22
Lots of people have gotten credits or had their date adjusted.

rubberduck

@Shazia_K Can you please help this poor soul here who has been number-less since Nov 9? 

markis13446

So I've been told that it will take at least 72 hours to sort out my port issues, while all my calls to my line tell my customers that my line has been disconnected.

Has anyone been able to get credit on the time its taken to port their phone?  I'm really having a hard time stomaching the fact that I'm still paying for a line I'm not using.

markis13446

Thanks for the help everyone.

Still not ported since Nov 9.  I think I'm breaking a record here.  I must have missed so many calls against my number. Trying not to get frustrated but had I known I'd have this many issues porting from Koodo, I doubt I would have switched.  

@Mary_M @Shazia_K 

srlawren
Hi @markis13446,

FYI when you tagged @imm1304 @Luddite @srlawren @Rockdaddy22 and myself, you got the technique right, but if you were looking for a moderator, you got the wrong people. We are just customers like yourself.

I hope you get a speedy resolution!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
You'll need some further tech support it sounds like. Hopefully you can get an answer this weekend.

markis13446

Thanks everyone - I've done everything without being too annoying.  I hope it gets resolved soon.  Just concerned support said I was ported and its still not.

Rockdaddy22
Don't forget twitter and facebook support

@markis13446 Please follow @ajanda's earlier suggestion to send a private message to a moderator; they have "Mod" beside their names, @Mary_M for example. Look here if you need "how to" info: Private Messages - viewing and creating

Meanwhile, if you lose service completely try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

markis13446

Thanks...

Here goes:

@imma1304 @Luddite, @srlawren. @Rockdaddy22

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@markis13446 You tag mods when you post your message in a community thread,

and type in one of the following mods username tag @Shazia_K @Mary_M just before when you hit the "Post" green/blue button. 

I just tagged your username and it highlights blue when you do this.

Try to Private Msg as well.

markis13446

Thanks for the suggestion dhanadhan, but I am getting "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already"

Hopefully the mods will chime in.  As mentioned, I got an email from PM support indicating my Koodo number was ported, and a goodbye email from Koodo, but it most certainly isn't.  When people call my Koodo number they get the dreaded "number is not in service".

How do you tag mods?

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need to get an opinion from one of the Oracles  @imma1304 or luddite, srlawren. Rockdaddy22. But it sounds like something the mods need to address. 

You can try tagging one of the Mods in this thread but they are very busy dealing with the recent promo plan porting issues. 

Dave_M had made a support announcement yesterday. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863

Also try PM one of the mods with your relative Account #, SIM Card# etc.. Follow this link on how to send a private message to a Mod: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

**Do not post any of this info on the community threads.

Regards

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you check in your self server? Did you used same email as the one you used with koodo account?

Give this work around a try: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

Need Help? Let's chat.