cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service

Kimclen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok @CS_Agent it’s been 72 hours and no one has contacted me about my issue!  I’ve been charged on my visa for my plan, but have not have cell service since changing over to PM.  I have tried everything imaginable... called my previous provider, which they did their absolute best to try to troubleshoot, I tried my Sim in another phone with no success, I tried to access my account which tells me I cannot even though I am a paying customer, I used the self services phone # which told me that I do have an account and you are charging me, i’ve Used this community to try and assist me (and everyone has been helpful, but still no success), i’ve Turned on and off my phone, took SIM card in and out several times, reset network settings, and have used the Simon Robot with nothing and have private messaged the moderator team and individual moderators with no one even having the kindest thought to get back to me regarding my issue!  Can someone please tell me what I can do besides having to wait 72 hrs, because I have done that and still nothing!  PLEASE HELP, i’m Desperate now and feel totally defeated! 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kimclen wrote:

I am tech savvy.... I work in an IT department! 

@Kimclen LOL the latter does not always come along with the former (I've worked with my fair share of non-tech-savvy folks in IT departments in the past!).  😉  Robot LOL 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kimclen

My self... SIM was sent to me by PM... I am tech savvy.... I work in an IT department! 

Kimclen

Yes my phone is unlocked and when I put my phone number in the PM self serve phone # it tells me all my info. Pm has my info, my addresss, my name, my cell number, my visa number ( as they were quick to charge me, but not serve me ).  Frustrating to say the least.... most on here say it can take 72 hours for them to respond.  The Simon robot thing says they strive to respond in a couple of hours.... well that certainly is not the case, not one moderator is getting back to me either through Private Message or through my community text!  And yes I am at the mercy of the queue, this is why it is so darn upsetting that no one has gotten back to me.... how many moderators are there really, because at the moment this feels like a total scam and that there are 0 moderators!  I appreciate the help, but when you are in the other end, paying for service but not receiving, it really is an upsetting, very annoying and uneasy feeling!  Should I not reach out anymore to the community?  Should I not private message the so called “moderator team”, and how long now should I wait, because I waited more than 72 hours! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Which cell provider did you have before you came to Public Mobile ? Can you confirm that your cell phone is unlocked ? If the phone is still locked to previous provider, give them a call and request a free unlock code.Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kimclen, starting another thread is not really going to speed things up.  If you have sent in the private message, you are at the mercy of the queue.  One thing you can do is make sure that your private message is verbose so as to limit the number of back and forth responses. 

popping

@austinhuang wrote:

I think you are justified to use the last resort: Contact the CCTS.

"I tried my Sim in another phone with no success" probably means a defective SIM card (Which we tend not to assume so, low possibility).

Faulty SIM card is definitely a possibility.  I got a faulty SIM once for other carrier.  

To confirm SIM card problem, use the PM SIM on your friend or family member phone to test it.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Considering that you do not have any service at all (Many people are able to get calls and texts can out, but not come in. Yours is completely out of service.), I think you are justified to use the last resort: Contact the CCTS.

"I tried my Sim in another phone with no success" probably means a defective SIM card (Which we tend not to assume so, low possibility).

@Kimclen wrote:

Thanks, however neither of the links provide work! I appreciate  you attempting to assist me! 

lol @srlawren

Here is the correct link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Kimclen

Thanks, however neither of the links provide work! I appreciate  you attempting to assist me! 

Kimclen

Yes I have private messaged them

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@Kimclen wrote:

I sure hope they get back to me!  It’s been a very long wait... seems like i’m Being ignored! 😩

Just to make sure, you have sent them a private message, correct?

Contacting our Community Moderators

@NDesai FYI that link is no longer valid.

I have been providing this link recently:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745.  But maybe this one is better?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/... I'm not sure!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Kimclen wrote:

I sure hope they get back to me!  It’s been a very long wait... seems like i’m Being ignored! 😩

Just to make sure, you have sent them a private message, correct?

Kimclen

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kimclen That's a along wait! They should've got back to you with 48 hours. They should be online as of now so let's wait and give them another shot to get back to you. @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.