cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service 12 hours

Kcountry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I still have no service. I'm porting the number from Telus. But I need to have this phone up and running asap. It's been 12 hours. I've hard reset several times, the phone is unlocked and it's compatible with public. 

29 REPLIES 29

heatherlynne

I'm having the same problem. Also tried a port from Telus to Public. It's been 13 hours or so, and still no service. Old Telus SIM is still working, however. 

Please share if/when/how you get this resolved. I'll do the same 

Kcountry

Sorry yes it is. Dh wants me to cancel. It's been 15 hours. I've done everything everyone has suggested. I now have to call our old provider and see if I can rehook back up. 

@Kcountry  a écrit :

It's his work contacts, no public mobile on screen. Old sim not working. 

Is it the same problem with the other thread STILL NO SERVICE AFTER 12 HOURS ? It would be easier to have just one thread...

Kcountry

It's his work contacts, no public mobile on screen. Old sim not working. 

Kcountry

Hard reset, regular reset and network reset. Nothing. Even took SIM card out and put back in, still nothing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kcountry wrote:

I'm not even sure what to do. Still no service, and now I read it can take 2 days for someone to answer. My husband leaves for work at 3, this is his work phone. He's so mad at me because I told him how great the plans were and the reviews and he's been without service since yesterday at 830pm. How can I cancel, I guess we will go back to our old expensive provider. 

Did you intiated porting his number from other provider during activation?

If yes, is his old SIM card still working? If yes, continue to use his old SIM card.

PM service is not for business or your job is depending on a working phone because it will take upto 48 hours for support.

Now, you need to find out whether PM already has his phone number or not.

1.  Put the new PM SIM card in his phone. 

2.  Do you see Public Mobile showing on his phone?

If yes, can you dial out?

If no, wait for moderator to work on your issue. 

Kcountry

Telus sim is not working. Account has been cancelled. We even called to verify. It's on this end. I think it's been 4 hours since I've sent my first message.  I've sent 2 messages. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you restart your phone? Mine worked right away when I ported but I had created a new number then ported. Your not suppose to port directly also did you message a moderator for help yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kcountry wrote:

I'm not even sure what to do. Still no service, and now I read it can take 2 days for someone to answer. My husband leaves for work at 3, this is his work phone. He's so mad at me because I told him how great the plans were and the reviews and he's been without service since yesterday at 830pm. How can I cancel, I guess we will go back to our old expensive provider. 

The moderator response times are said to UP to 2 days. It could also be just hours.

The terms of service do mention the option of canceling service. And the fact that nothing has worked for you and no response on that front, I guess all you can do is send them another private message asking to cancel. If no response from that in a couple days then do a chargeback on your credit card.

Does your SIM work in another unlocked (or from Telus/Koodo) phone?

Edit: And we're still wondering if your Telus account was actually active when trying to port. And if so then if the Telus SIM still works.

@Kcountry  a écrit :

I'm sorry for your hubandSmiley Sad. No cancellation here and no refund it's prepaid service..but for sure you can have help here. What is his problem? Did he write a message to the moderator?

Kcountry

Kcountry

He went thru Telus site asked for cell number and it popped up. He's I think a rep. That's why he could do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kcountry wrote:

Thanks, I think I might have figured it out. The account number on my Telus bill is different then the account number the Walmart dude punched in (he looked up the account and that's the number that was listed) now I need someone to see if that's the case. I'm becoming frustrated as its now 15 hours, 

Wow. What a lot of aggravation for a mis-type. I didn't know these store reps could see account information from providers. Seems a bit of a privacy issue to me. And maybe he found an account number from someone else thinking it was you. Joe Blow vs J. Blow.

Kcountry

Thanks, I think I might have figured it out. The account number on my Telus bill is different then the account number the Walmart dude punched in (he looked up the account and that's the number that was listed) now I need someone to see if that's the case. I'm becoming frustrated as its now 15 hours, 

mimmo

@Kcountry  i think you have done everything you can, best bet is contact mods if you have not done so already.  I dont think anyone on community can help you with much else.  I would pop your telus sim in as it should still be working.  (i don't remember you mentioning if it was still working or not)

Kcountry

Tried network setting, still no service.

mimmo

@Kcountry  I saw a similar thread the other day,  haveing an activated sim card saying no service,  is I believe an indication of either a failed activtaion or a phone not connecting to the network.  I know you have done a hard reset.  have you tried doing a mnaunal network search and selection?  ( a hard reset should return it to automatic selection)  hence the thought of a failed activation.  

all Public mobile accounts upon creation will connect to the network, new number, completed port or failed port)  upon proper activation you wll be able to call out.  the main indication of a failed port is the ability to make calls but not receive them.  

i cant remember if you mentioned but does your telus sim still work?

I would contact the mod team as suggested  above. but also include your sim card number.  

Kcountry

I have. Dh called Telus and they think someone has to re enter the account number again to port number. I had the guy at Walmart do it, I watched every step. Everything was entered correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kcountry wrote:

@CS_Agent  can you help please. I need this phone up and running asap.

@Kcountry 

It would be more effective to go here.

@Kcountry  a écrit :

Use the link above..it's the fastest solution to contact them..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kcountry

@Kcountry  a écrit :

I see nothing, just says no service. If I call Telus would that make a difference

No don't try something by yourself..it can mixed up the port...the port asked is on public mobile side now..the moderator will help you with that..

Kcountry

I see nothing, just says no service. If I call Telus would that make a difference

Kcountry

It's saying no service

@Lieux wrote:

@Kcountry  a écrit :

I still have no service. I'm porting the number from Telus. But I need to have this phone up and running asap. It's been 12 hours. I've hard reset several times, the phone is unlocked and it's compatible with public mobile.

Can you see public mobile in your screen of your phone?

Probably not.  You can't see no service and Public Mobile at the same time, at least not on a single SIM.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Kcountry  a écrit :

I still have no service. I'm porting the number from Telus. But I need to have this phone up and running asap. It's been 12 hours. I've hard reset several times, the phone is unlocked and it's compatible with public. 

If it's a failed port you will need help from the moderator..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kcountry , have you been in touch with the moderator team concerning your activation and porting failure?  Since it has been 12 hours, the problem is not going to fix itself with more time.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck, hopefully they will look after you quickly.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Kcountry  a écrit :

I still have no service. I'm porting the number from Telus. But I need to have this phone up and running asap. It's been 12 hours. I've hard reset several times, the phone is unlocked and it's compatible with public mobile.

Can you see public mobile in your screen of your phone?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kcountry 

Is your telus sim still active?

Need Help? Let's chat.