cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having issues with phone

Pa2_34Putts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there myself and husband have transferred to public and are very satisfied  but unfortunately my husband's phone still isn't fully. He can call me but when I go to call him it automatically goes to his voice mail with virgin. When I've called virgin they are saying that his phone is active with them still. When questioning them with a few things all they are saying is public has to resend the information on his phone. The account number for his phone is *************** and his cell number is ***********

10 REPLIES 10

bowraven

In comparison with other countries, Canadians are ripped off. There is simply no way around it. In Europe I pay for the same plan with a 3 year contract 10 euro a month and the first 6 months only 1 Euro. Yes, you read that correctly. 1 Euro, and you know what they provide timely sevice because, if they don't the loose market share.

Yet his Canada with the big three each with their market and no competition in sight.

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did your husband unlock his phone before switching to PM? The reason I ask is because in order to unlock a Virgin Mobile phone (I'm getting rid of them next month), you have to call them so they can send a request to Apple and then email you the instructions on how to unlock it.

If it is unlocked and you activated your SIM online, then I have no idea what it could be but to me, it seems like it may just be locked?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @bowraven,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bowraven wrote:

Iam having issues with porting too. Set up two accounts and ported the phone numbers from Virgin. The porting was not fully completed. In and out going text works a, and I can text to the numbers, but when I try to call the numbers I get an the familiar message: 'this phone number is not in service'. I have sent a pm to the moderator team and now 2 days laters haven't heard anything. The next step is the CRTC. The lack of support and accountability from Public Mobile is chocking.  When I am in Europe even the cheaper providers give you a way superior service and way cheaper plans.  This because they have stringent regulations there, something that Canada lacks.

As Telus owns Public Mobile, this doesn't reflect well on them.

I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Usually things work and its good, the only time you will be a sad panda is that rare time when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team but be rest assured you will be taken care of, just slower than top tier providers. While you wait for a response break out the calculator and see how many $1000's you will save over the years being with a 3rd tier service 🙂

bowraven

Iam having issues with porting too. Set up two accounts and ported the phone numbers from Virgin. The porting was not fully completed. In and out going text works a, and I can text to the numbers, but when I try to call the numbers I get an the familiar message: 'this phone number is not in service'. I have sent a pm to the moderator team and now 2 days laters haven't heard anything. The next step is the CRTC. The lack of support and accountability from Public Mobile is chocking.  When I am in Europe even the cheaper providers give you a way superior service and way cheaper plans.  This because they have stringent regulations there, something that Canada lacks.

As Telus owns Public Mobile, this doesn't reflect well on them.

Dunkgirl

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @Pa2_34Putts,

We've received your private message and will get to your shortly! Also, please don't post your private info here as it's a public forum.

Thank you,

Syed 

Whoa, that moderator team speed!!!! Glad to have you on the "live" team. Maybe the back log is gone now 😄

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Pa2_34Putts,

We've received your private message and will get to your shortly! Also, please don't post your private info here as it's a public forum.

Thank you,

Syed 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Pa2_34Putts, have you submitted a number port for your husband's line?  If you have and this is the result, then you will need to contact the moderator team to resubmit the port which appears to be stuck.  Customers do not have the ability to resubmit a port, we can only submit a first port attempt. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Pa2_34Putts wrote:

Hi there myself and husband have transferred to public and are very satisfied  but unfortunately my husband's phone still isn't fully. He can call me but when I go to call him it automatically goes to his voice mail with virgin. When I've called virgin they are saying that his phone is active with them still. When questioning them with a few things all they are saying is public has to resend the information on his phone. The account number for his phone is 100100**** cell number is ****3.

You may have a partially completed port. While it doesn't happen all the time it does happen. No big deal, one of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Dunkgirl

@Pa2_34Putts wrote:

Hi there myself and husband have transferred to public and are very satisfied  but unfortunately my husband's phone still isn't fully. He can call me but when I go to call him it automatically goes to his voice mail with virgin. When I've called virgin they are saying that his phone is active with them still. When questioning them with a few things all they are saying is public has to resend the information on his phone. The account number for his phone is 100100*** and his cell number is 70****.

This is a public forum, you do not want to post your account / phone number here as anyone can view it. 

Welcome to public mobile glad to hear things for the most part have been going well. How long ago did you guys port over? Have you tried to pull his sim card and restart? Some ports take a little longer than others.

If there was a problem during porting you will want to message the moderator team. Click this to send them a message  Please include in the private message your phone number, name, your account number and PIN code with as much detail as possible to prevent the need for more contact so they can solve the issue right away.

Community moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT) and strive to answer within the hour, but in peak periods could be up to 48 hours. Please be patient

More about contacting moderator team Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.