cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still No Service 18 hours now in NL

lauriegoyeche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No moderator has got back to me. Really need my phone today for business. No landline.

If nothing within the hour I will have to get another carrier. I am pre-paid for May any chance I will get my money back?

13 REPLIES 13

@lauriegoyeche For future reference in case Bell also goes down, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

As it's your business this may have some useful ideas: 100% SERVICE

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lauriegoyeche

Yes they share Towers but Bell gets priority, Telus and Public Mobile rent off them. Apparently Bell has most of infastructure in Atlantic Canada save some Rogers Towers.

@lauriegoyeche wrote:

Still no service in NL Telus toers down. Picked up a Bell Alliant prepaid card for $22. Cheapest no contract 100 minutes voice Canada wide and unlimited Text for 1 month with ability to top up. Bell Tower is main provider and never goes dwon , well almost.

My understanding is that Telus and Bell share towers because of their sharing agreement is that not the case in NL?

lauriegoyeche

Still no service in NL Telus toers down. Picked up a Bell Alliant prepaid card for $22. Cheapest no contract 100 minutes voice Canada wide and unlimited Text for 1 month with ability to top up. Bell Tower is main provider and never goes dwon , well almost.

lauriegoyeche

Pretty sure Public Mobile is piggy backing off Telus/Rogers towers and these cell towers are only located/concentrated in the four areas on the map with our largest populations. There is no coverage in rural NL.

@lauriegoyeche If you are able to leave the outage area you could see if your phone works, at least you would know if it's due to the local outage vs the Public Mobile outage.

lauriegoyeche

Thanks. I am in St. John's. The biggest dot! At least I am not alone!!

lauriegoyeche

I did add funds to it as a fix on April 23 when it went out of service but then it happened again April 24 and now that fix is not working. Nor does:I have tried everything people have suggested. Turn Iphone on and off. Remove and replace SIM. Report Lost Phone and Find it again. I put extra money on autopay acccount. I terminated and reactivated autopay. I did a one time payment thus paid for May in advance. I have an old Ontario address in my profile so I updated it to NL but it would not let me change it (kept on giving me an error not letting me change my alternate old Ontario (647) area code number. I am stimied. Customer for over 4 years. 

lauriegoyeche

I have tried everything people have suggested. Turn Iphone on and off. Remove and replace SIM. Report Lost Phone and Find it again. I put extra money on autopay acccount. I terminated and reactivated autopay. I did a one time payment thus paid for May in advance. I have an old Ontario address in my profile so I updated it to NL but it would not let me change it (kept on giving me an error not letting me change my alternate old Ontario (647) area code number. I am stimied. Customer for over 4 years. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may be able to get a credit or extended access to your account.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lauriegoyeche 

Moderator response times can be up to a couple of days..refunds arent likely to happen here at PM..did your phone stop working upon renewal?..maybe explain and someone might be able to help get you going..

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@lauriegoyeche  Unfortunately you are not alone, there is an ongoing problem with some accounts Smiley Frustrated

For now, you can try adding funds to your account and try to reactivate it, then when you get in contact with the moderators ask them for a refund.

It may be a couple more days before they respond as they are very busy right now because of the glitch.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't know were you are in NL but latest map shows some problems on the island. Sorry to hear no moderator has been back with you. 

NL.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.