cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for a new account to transfer a landline

virtualpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to know the correct steps when transfering a landline to new public mobile account.

I saw some very old posts but the links are broken it seems.

I also tried to order a sim card using paypal but I always get an error message that I should try again.  I tried with both firefox and chrome.

Also, is there an email for support or the only help provided is using this forum?

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey virtualpaul

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Remember that you need to be logged in your Community account, to be able to send a message. If you are still not registered, you can click here https://goo.gl/7Z88Sb and go to "Sign in" then on "New User? Register here."

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@virtualpaul wrote:

I just tried a new private window in firefox with the same result.  After that, I tried clearing all the cache, history, cookies and got the same error message.

I never got any problems paying with paypal on the other web sites.

If meathod provided by @Anonymous didn't work then the other suggestion would be to use a different payment method or try again using a different internet provider. Example: Try to use a Hotspot function of a cell phone plan with Data to complete the purchase using PayPal. Wireless web/internet can be wiered sometimes, so my suggestion may help you with your Sim card purchase with PayPal

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article about setting up phone numbers.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

virtualpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tried a new private window in firefox with the same result.  After that, I tried clearing all the cache, history, cookies and got the same error message.

I never got any problems paying with paypal on the other web sites.

Edit: I just paid my voip account with paypal and got no problem.  I retried ordering a sim card right after and got the same error message:

Something went wrong

There was a problem with the payment service. Please select a different payment method or try again later.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@virtualpaul wrote:

I would like to know the correct steps when transfering a landline to new public mobile account.

I saw some very old posts but the links are broken it seems.

I also tried to order a sim card using paypal but I always get an error message that I should try again.  I tried with both firefox and chrome.

Also, is there an email for support or the only help provided is using this forum?

@virtualpaul  If you go to the main public mobile site the list retail locations that sell PM sim cards  The website also has a step by step on how to activate your sim called Getting Started.

My advice is to activate your PM sim card with a temp number Once everything is setup and you have created a selfserve PM account you can then setup your landline port by using the change number option. Please note that landline ports take longer to complete so try to schedule it during a slower time 

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @virtualpaul - Regarding the payment issue, I would clear browser cache and/or use browser in privacy/incognito mode.  Usually resolves payment issues.

Support is done here in this forum (mostly by other PM customers) AND via private messaging with moderators (PM staff).

As for the landline transfer, it is pretty much the same as transfer from another cell provider.  It just takes longer for the transfer to complete.

If you have any more questions about Public Mobile, don't hesitate to ask.

Need Help? Let's chat.