cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step-by-Step Procedure to Port Number from Virgin to Public Mobile

ajay_khare
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Experts,

I have an existing Public Mobile number. I'd like to port my wife's number from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile & have it in my same account. I'd also like to refer her to get Referral Bonus from Public. 

Even after searching a bit on this community, I couldn't get exact step-by-step procedure to fulfill my requirement. This is my first time doing this.

Request you to share this process with me.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Further to guidance already provided, here is an illustration of the activation page and how to fill the fields in.  Note that phone number referral has now been replaced by a code.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ajay_khare 

Step 1:

Have your Virgin porting info ready you will need VM account number, name on account and VM number.

Step 2:

Activate your wife's sim card use your referral code and the same payment card as your account for autopay. Please note that you will have to use a different email account or of your email supports an alias you can use that. Also pick a temp PM number for now and complete the activation.

Step 3:

Once you are happy how everything works and your wife's selfserve account has been setup login into her account and setup the VM number port using the change number option located bottom of the profile section. Supply the info from step 1 above.

Welcome to PM. 👍

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ajay_khare wrote:

Hi Experts,

I have an existing Public Mobile number. I'd like to port my wife's number from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile & have it in my same account. I'd also like to refer her to get Referral Bonus from Public. 

Even after searching a bit on this community, I couldn't get exact step-by-step procedure to fulfill my requirement. This is my first time doing this.

Request you to share this process with me.

1.  You cannot add your wife's number to your current account.  PM account can only hold one number.

2.  Buy a SIM.

3.  Login your self serve account and click on the referral link at the top right of your overview page to refer your wife.  Get a temproary number from PM first test it before porting her Virgin number to PM.

4.  Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ajay_khare 

Unfortunately, you can't have two lines on one account.  You will need to start a new account with a different email address as user/login name.  

When you activate a new account/plan, use your referral code as the friend referral credit.  Most people would recommend first getting a temporary new PM phone number.  Make sure everything is activated properly.  Then via self service account, change the number to your wife's original number.  With Virgin mobile, you will need 3 pieces of information to change/port number:  Acccount holder name, account number and phone number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.