cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up questions...

jpdawsome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi!

I am interested in the $40/month 4GB promotion and I have a few questions.

Does the network run on Telus towers? Is the coverage reliable?

Do I still get the promo price after the 3 month contract is up?

Will I still get signal in the US if I visit family?

How is my network effected if I roam outside of Ontario?

If I purchase the $15 long distance package, do my LD minutes roll over into my next 3 months of does it reset?

Do plans come with call display and voicemail?
Is the texting cover all of North America and does it include picture and video messaging?
13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cindyparmiter that's great, but this thread has been dormant for nearly a year and a half. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cindyparmiter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First when I changed over , I t looked like no coverage. However took out my battery and reinserted my simple card to reset the phone and then it worked. No problems since.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jimmyche wrote:

3. Pick one up in Downtown Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal this Friday from the Public mobile pop up store. Detail information to be available soon.

Detail information available now, actually

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it doesn't show up by Friday, it would be too late.

Your remaining options:

1. Make a post here to check here and/or redflagdeals to see if someone has an extra sim to spare.

2. Check Craigslist
3. Pick one up in Downtown Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal this Friday from the Public mobile pop up store. Detail information to be available soon.

jpdawsome

ok. So I ordered a SIM card last weekend but I just got an email today saying it was shipped. What if it doesnt show up in time? If it doesnt show up Friday, then it will be too late? 

WearySky

@jpdawsome wrote:

Awesome! I would like to try it out. Am I able to sign up with a new phone number and then port my current number over later on so that I can try it out for a while to make sure its what I want? I want to take advantage of the great deal but I want to try it out first.

As others have mentioned, yes you can do this.  Bear in mind that you are getting very close to being too late now if you haven't already ordered a SIM.

jheili99

hi

yes you could do that...just keep in mind, that the current promo plan expires in 8 days and you will not be able to get it any longer..

cheers

jimmyche

@jpdawsome wrote:

Awesome! I would like to try it out. Am I able to sign up with a new phone number and then port my current number over later on so that I can try it out for a while to make sure its what I want? I want to take advantage of the great deal but I want to try it out first.

Yes, you can do that.

Once you are ready, logon into your account, there are 4 tabs, click Plan & Add on > Change phone number.

Make sure your account information and name matches the bill with the company you are porting from.

jpdawsome

h3ccubu5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes and yes.

Yes.

No, PM doesn't have a US roaming plan or add-on at present. The good news is they're working on it and should be announcing it soon

You'll always be on the PM (Telus) network anywhere in Canada. Your data and text work anywhere - no roaming charges to worry about within the country. If you're outside your home province you'll need an LD add-on to make 'local' calls though. You can still receive calls though without the add-on.

If I purchase the $15 long distance package, do my LD minutes roll over into my next 3 months of does it reset?

They never expire.

Is the texting cover all of North America and does it include picture and video messaging?

Yes to all.

JaK

Hi @jpdawsome;

Answers inline:

@jpdawsome wrote:
Hi!

- Yes, PM is a Telus subsiduary and runs on the Telus network. The coverage is reliable, basically anywhere you can get Telus you can get PM.

- Yes, the promo price stays as long as you keep renewing.

- PM does not have roaming yet, but have announced US roaming to start this month. Not a lot of details yet, but is expected to be managed via add-ons.

- Technically that's not roaming. But if in another province you will be able to make calls within that province but will need a LD add-on to receive calls (or call any other province, including home).

- Add-ons roll over until used up.

- Yes they have call number display and voicemail. (Most phones will display call name if it is in your contacts)

-Terxting is global and yes MMS texting is included.

Kaiyo

1) it uses Telus/Bell towers, coverage would be the similar to Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin

2)It will renew at the same price

3) you would not be able to use your phone when you're in the states. you should get a local sim to use during that time and maybe forward your calls. There's plan to have an add on for roaming.

4) If you're outside of your home province you will not receive calls if you don't have LD mintues. You would be able to call to local phone numbers in the provice you visit however. If you have LD you will receive and be able to call anywhere. It will deduct minutes you use from your LD add-on

5) Remaining minutes will keep rolling over until the minutes are all used up.

6) it has call display (phone number) and voicemail, no visual voice mail.

7) it includes global texting/picture. 

jimmyche

First of all, allow me to point out that search is your friend

YES,YES - Does the network run on Telus towers? Is the coverage reliable?

YES - Do I still get the promo price after the 3 month contract is up?

Not at the moment, wait for US roaming add on annoucement coming out this month

You can still call in the Canadian province you are in. no incoming call unless you have long distance add on. Do some search if you venture between Ontario and Quebec often.

YES- Roll over until fully depleted.

YES - Do plans come with call display and voicemail?

YES,YES, global coverage,

Need Help? Let's chat.