cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start article?

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What is start article? I assumed that it meant you wanted to start another thread? but it says access denied. I noticed it is on every thread, yet you can't access it, what does it mean? Is that new? Just wondering

11 REPLIES 11

Can you provide more details ?  Are your transferring (port) a number from another provider or setting up a new account directly through PM ?

markbot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account won't activate, and this seems to be the only way i can ask a question. Can a moderator help please?

CatCanyon

Thank you for the information.

Probably post in the discussion category.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community.... Scroll down to the bottom to see a description of each category.

CatCanyon

Thank you for the information. Just saying, the language "start an article" sounds like an apparent directive to begin something whereas "ask a question" is an entirely different directive. Perhaps PM needs a dictionary of terminology.

I'd love to see a site map that allows the user, someone like me, who wants to figure out into which category to input to

i) ask a question, ii) share an experience or iii) start a thread.

An an example, if you'd be willing, please inform me into which category I would share a good news story such as mine in which I wanted to compliment PM for the good service provision while traveling from BC to Saskatchewan.

Thank you for your attention

@CatCanyon

@CatCanyon wrote:

I had the same experience... inability to start a thread.

Wondering if this message is coming up because of the service update today?

I just tried it out and threads get created fine.  In any event, the "start article" button is not how new threads are created. That is something different and you that option should not be visible.

Please go into the appropriate message category, and click on the "Ask a quetsion" button if you trying to start a thread.

CatCanyon

I had the same experience... inability to start a thread.

Wondering if this message is coming up because of the service update today?

@terrybev wrote:

What is start article? I assumed that it meant you wanted to start another thread? but it says access denied. I noticed it is on every thread, yet you can't access it, what does it mean? Is that new? Just wondering

Here's a link to a short discussion on this topic from about 10 days ago:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Start-Article/m-p/355860?advanced=false&c...

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@terrybev 

There are some features which PM has not enabled for regular members on this lithium-based platform. Now and then there are glitches which make these extra buttons appear to community members, even when they don't actually function. This is one such example.  I believe the start article button was related to creating knowledge base articles, which PM staff can do but regular members cannot.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That button should not be visible for regular community members. It seems like an error which we have reported to the team. 

Need Help? Let's chat.