cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stalled out during activation?

ThatGuy_There
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was attempting to activate my partner's SIM, and went through all the steps, and she received the text indicating a PIN had been set up, but then the website hung on me.

Now, I cannot sign into an account under her email (the website says it cannot verify that email address), and I cannot activate her SIM again.

But her number isn't porting over, either...?

Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

@ThatGuy_There  you got the text and replied Yes?

After you reply YES,  the transfer should completed within 30 -60 mins .. You can put your PM SIM in your phone.. reboot every 15 -30 mins for update.  

Welcome to PM

@ThatGuy_There 

Yes, it may take up to 90 minutes.

ThatGuy_There
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@BKNS27 Thanks for the help - that worked to get her account set up.

I guess now we just wait for the transfer text ... !

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ThatGuy_There 

It sounds like the account is not activated if it doesn’t recognize the email address.

On the PM, set it on Incognito and try again.

Leave the old SIM in the phone and wait for a text from the previous carrier and confirm with YES. Then power off the phone and install the new PM SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThatGuy_There : 1. Leave the original SIM in to wait and confirm the transfer. 2. If you've tried the new SIM, does it work for outgoing and maybe data? If it doesn't work then you'll need to wait an hour and try again. 3. You might need to go to My Account top right and Create account to finalize the set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.