cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakout -> PM number port stuck?

cyclet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting my number from Speakout to PM. It's been 3 hours now and I can send texts/make calls but I can't receieve either. Making a call leads to "this number is not currently in service".

Is my port stuck? If so, who can I contact to get this resolved? 

5 REPLIES 5

@sunflowershine wrote:

@cyclet wrote:

Porting my number from Speakout to PM. It's been 3 hours now and I can send texts/make calls but I can't receieve either. Making a call leads to "this number is not currently in service".

@cyclet Normal porting time will be within 2 days. Just wait for a bit and you will have a text message to notify you that porting is done.

As both Speakout Wireless and Public Mobile are cell phone service providers, the Canadian Wireless Telecommunciations Associations states that number porting from one wireless carrier to another should be completed within 2.5 "business" hours. https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cyclet wrote:

@cyclet Normal porting time will be within 2 days. Just wait for a bit and you will have a text message to notify you that porting is done.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had that same issue, transfered from Petro Mobility, but had changed phones a few times. The port did not happen, but i picked a new phone number, as i am moving away soon anyway. As wetcoaster says you will have to contact the moderators.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@cyclet wrote:

Is your SpeakOut SIM still active?

If you haven't done so yet, call SpeakOut customer service to confirm the information they have on file and need for a successful port (If you have changed phones during your service with them the IMEI might not be the one of your current phone - don't ask why I know... 😉 ). Then share that information with the moderator team (as mentioned above) so that they can resubmit the port request if necessary.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will have to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: link

Need Help? Let's chat.