cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls

Thermole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not make a lot of phone calls.. maybe one each month.  However, I receive on average 1-2 Spam calls per day. I block these but is there another way to prevent or deal with these?

7 REPLIES 7

@RossN wrote:

@Thermole wrote:

I do not make a lot of phone calls.. maybe one each month.  However, I receive on average 1-2 Spam calls per day. I block these but is there another way to prevent or deal with these?

@Thermole hi unfortunately we all deal with that if it is really bad you could change your number in your self serve account it allows you to do that once every 30 days 

I would suggest that this is not a very good idea.  The inconveniences of switching phone numbers frequently far outweigh the benefits, particularly when there is zero assurance the new number is less susceptible to spam calls.  

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Thermole There's always Lenny... 🤖

Program your "declined/busy" conditional call forward number by dialing: *67*12264447726# - Now, when you see an incoming call you are sure is junk, simply "decline" the call and it will be immediately directed to Lenny.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

Other options are to configure a declined conditional call forward to one of these numbers which may protect calls from going to your voicemail and maybe stay marked as an inactive number in the spammers database:

• *67*13063370005# - plays "This number has been configured for outgoing calls only"
  • *67*18080000000# - results in a fast busy or endless ring.

Unanswered calls and calls while your phone is offline will still flow through to voicemail as usual.

ghtnh5110
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recommend installing one of the apps which are called "Whoscall"

https://whoscall.com/en

it's really helpful! I am using this one for almost 5 years now

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Also I noticed that Google phone dialer will turn red when it suspects the spam and i have to admit it's pretty accurate, something to consider. It won't prevent calls but it e warn and remind not to answer, or at least make you take a closer look if you recognize the number

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Thermole wrote:

@Thermole hi unfortunately we all deal with that if it is really bad you could change your number in your self serve account it allows you to do that once every 30 days 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Thermole wrote:

Not really . I find that if I don't recognize the calling number...I just don't answer the call. Once the bad guys find out your number is active...well...you get lotsa calls.

Block the ones as they happen is about all you can do for now.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You could consider changing the number of you're not too attached to it and if you suspect it was posted around.

There is no guarantee that the new o I've will not be affected.

If you don't answer my existence is that it will slow down and eventually go down to couple per month

Need Help? Let's chat.