cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Can anybody have a answer for spam call, I am going to mention the numbers. I am receiving everyday 10 to 15 calls.

289-273-0228

226-270-9076

226-270-9085

226-270-9065

226-270-9112

226-270-9090

226-270-9079

226-270-9064

226-270-9014

236-270-9091

Still I have more in my cell history.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@marc_mib   What kind of spam call is that ?  sales call?

If it is one specific number, you can set it to Ignore list easily

marc_mib

spam too I get one number all the time (514)586-2924

@gpixel @HALIMACS 

Good advice we should all follow. If the call really is important to you then the caller will always leave some kind of message describing who they are, why they're calling, and how to contact them. You have no obligation to answer strangers and you won't miss anything important by ignoring those who refuse to identify the purpose of their communication.

But it's not an option with work-related numbers. You are simply expected to answer every incoming call and you are simply expected to respond to every incoming message, at least during business hours. You can't be rude to your customers or to your contacts, and (unless you're some kind of government office) your communications don't appear professional/competent if they're routinely fed into automated voicemail.

I'm completely with @gpixel on this one.

Don't EVER answer a call from a number you don't recognize - it'll just let the caller know you'll answer and you'll get MORE calls.

If a caller tries to get ahold of me, and they don't leave me a message - i didn't need to hear from them in the first place.   

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They are annoying.

I find it pointless to block the number since they never use the same one. if you're picking up the call then you need to stop. it pings their computer when you pick up.

if you really want them to stop you can follow the instructions to get to a rep and waste their time until they hang up and get the point. that particular scammer will most likely delete your number off their list

@Vimalkumar 

Some dialing/messaging apps will let you block incoming numbers based on filters - like 270 area code, for example. Useful if you don't expect any legit calls from those number blocks.

You can install different dialing/messaging apps if the software built into your phone doesn't provide this feature. I use Signal SMS.

You can also register your name/number on Canada's National Do Not Call List. And USA's Do Not Call Registry (to stop call center/telemarketing traffic from American companies or whatever foreign companies they hire).

These DNCL signups won't do anything to halt illegal/criminal spam callers. They aren't even completely effective vs legit spam callers. But some people say they make a difference. Seemed to work for me.

You can also subscribe to a private service which will intercept all incoming calls and messages. Though this isn't available in all areas, there may or may not be privacy issues, and it's never free.

Public Mobile (and Telus) does not implement any UNCB. Their official response (to squirm out of conforming to CRTC regulations) is that UNCB isn't as effective as the software blocking features already available to subscribers.

Just keep blocking the spammers, they'll run out of phone available phone numbers before your phone runs out of memory.

Or, if your phone number is an active target for the spammers then you can change it as advised above. Public Mobile allows you to change phone number (through Self-Serve) at no cost, once every 30 days if you like.

Some are spoofed numbers. You really don’t know. 

I look at 800Notes every now and then to see if it has been reported there. 

I do NOT recommend the hassle of changing your number for a few reasons, but I do recommend that your contacts list is the best as you can possibly do and more. Your friends, families, business, enemies, and exes should all be there. Then if you don’t have a NAME on your caller ID....be aware. And if for sure you won’t ever answer....block it. Spoofed numbers are only used for a week or so....so they will soon use a new number....just keep blocking. Depending on your phone type you can set it to block every call that is NOT in your contacts. Thus the reason to keep a good contact list. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Vimalkumar...

spam calls are a reality in 2021. If you don't recognize the calling number...don't answer the call. If the person calling you is legit, they'll leave a voice mail for you.

Once you pick-up on a spam caller, they know your number is active, so they'll just keep hounding you.

Either that or change number as suggested by @JK8 . If you do change numbers...don't answer unknown callers !!

Good luck whatever you do.   😷

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Vimalkumar  If you find those calls are resulting in voicemails you have to delete when declined, you can change your "BUSY/Declined" conditional forward to a dead-end number instead of your voicemail. For example, dial:

*67*0000000000# - this will result in blocked or declined callers being disconnected with a network error instead of your voicemail.

There's also Lenny...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Change number every 30 day's mean. I g

Did not get you?

You can change your phone number in self service to a new one.

Vimalkumar

Change number every 30 day's mean. I g

Did not get you?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody have a answer for spam call, I am going to mention the numbers. I am receiving everyday 10 to 15 calls.

Still I have more in my cell history.

Thanks

Keep on blocking the numbers. If your not attached to your phone number you can change it every 30 days in self service.

Need Help? Let's chat.