cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed. What should I do?

artemca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

During registration I god as last step:

6. Transaction Summary
- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

A verification email was sent to
Verification email ensures that you can regain access to your Web Self Serve login details, where you can top-up online, and make changes to your plan, account, and services.

On the same page under summary I can see my account number.

I got verification email and email with title "Your Public Mobile Activation Details".

I've tried to log-in to my account but it rejects. When I try to reset password it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. "

What should I do next? What did go wrong?

15 REPLIES 15

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @artemca

I'm sorry about this, I'll be glad to look into the port request for you. 

Can you please send me a private message with the porting number and the account number from your previous provider? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Think you will need @Shazia_K today. Always best to tag both moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@artemca;

Account activation and number porting are 2 separate things, it may indeed be that the port did not complete correctly. If you are still having issues then you should PM back to @Mary_M to help straighten it out for you.

artemca

I am not sure that my number was ported completely.

I can make calls and send messages from Public Mobile. Data is also working. At the same time, incoming calls and messages are still coming to the old phone connected to old operator.

Was my number ported or it was only activated on my Public Mobile while still not ported?

artemca
The account was finally activated in reply to personal message to moderators.

Thank you

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @vqndao & @artemca

If you are still having issues activating your accounts, please private message me your SIM card #'s.

We'll try to locate your account.

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

vqndao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also got the same message 

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

Also trying to Port my number from another provider. I will send a PM also then. 

You done all you can do for now.

artemca

Thank you.

I have also send email using Contact Us on the site but they warn that it might take up to 48 hours to reply.

I'll wait for some response by email or from moderators then before sending private messages.

Unfortunately similar situations are happening. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators;  @Shazia_K @Mary_M.

You will need to send them some information by private message. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time to time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

If are porting a number your old sim will keep working until the port completes. Do not cancel your account; it will close automatically when the port completes.

artemca

Also, I still cannot access self service.

artemca

Thanks for you answer.

I have restarted my phone, so now I can see that SIM is active and I have received message "Congrats! ... More infor at publicmobile.ca/selfservice".

But my number is not ported yet and when I am trying to call is says "Hi this is publicmobile, sorry talk is not included into your plan" but it definitely is included.

@artemca wrote:

I have SIM already inserted into my phone.

So anything working? Text, Talk or data?

Make sure your phone is unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo.

artemca

I have SIM already inserted into my phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Can you insert the sim in your phone and see if service is working or not? 

It looks like your activation process was not fully complete. If you don't get any service, you will help from staff member to complete the activation process. 

Need Help? Let's chat.