cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

nursepav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on". I am calling local numbers. Also I am not getting incoming calls or texts.

11 REPLIES 11

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You'll definitely need a mod

nursepav

Its the same sim. I put the public mobile sim in a new phone and i get the same issues. I put my wifes sim from her phone into mine, her number works. The issue is with public mobile.

Rockdaddy22
Can't you get calls on your old sim?

nursepav

I am a part time employee and i get called in the night before for a 12 hour shift. I highly rely on having access to my cell phone, and its been 3 days now and I cannot send or receive texts or phone calls. I should not have this type of down time, and no one from public mobile is fixing the issue. There is no phone number I can call for tech support. I contacted 4 moderators and no one is responding. I find this unacceptable, as I am losing income from not having access to my phone. I may have to find another provider as this is not my fault and the issue is not being addressed by public mobile.

nursepav

I have privately messaged 4 mods and still no response.

Rockdaddy22
@madhatter he mentions he can't receive calls or texts in the original post, definitely a good hunch. 🙂

@nursepav because you're also having issues with your incoming calls and text, yes this sounds like more of an issue than the area code as @madhatter has already mentioned.

If you haven't already, you should send a private message to one of the moderators. If you check out the Users Online page, moderators have this tag MODbeside their names. Hover over their name and you'll see a pop-up with Send Message in orange. It doesn't matter which moderator you send a message to, because your message will go into a pool that each moderator can see. Include your phone number or account number in that message.

nursepav

that is correct, nothing works

madhatter

I have a hunch it has nothing to do with area code. It's just the sign that your service is hosed, at least for now. I betcha you can't receive calls, or send/receive texts, or access internet.

Ask me how I know.

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is a glitch that some people had like the link below.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Why-is-my-local-call-considered-long-dis...

You should send a message to a moderator to  get the issue resolved 🙂

Good luck!

jeferson

Have you PMd a moderator? They can help you with this.

Good luck!

jeferson

Need Help? Let's chat.