cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time.

sparka416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I'm trying to do initial account setup and activate sim online but getting error at payment step. 

Error: Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

I've tired two different cards, one Visa and one VisaDebit, and neither are being verified. These cards are working online for other transactions so I think the issue is with the payment platform. 

Any tips to get system to accept my cards? 

7 REPLIES 7

tetrahedron

Double check everything: card #, name must match exactly as it is on the credit card, expiry date and security number.  PublicMobile accepts Interac, VISA and Mastercard.  Make sure to your card isn't expired and that your credit card account isn't suspended or past-due for any reason

tetrahedron

Double check everything: card #, name must match exactly as it is on the credit card, expiry date and security number.  PublicMobile accepts Interac, VISA and Mastercard.  Make sure to your card isn't expired and that your credit card account isn't suspended or past-due for any reason

@sparka416  You may need to use all CAPS what does your credit card statement use for your billing address? Does your address match completely? Have you allowed at least an hour to pass between attempts.

JA09

This happened to me on Thursday. It was my postal code, I had a space after the 3rd character, example: T8S 1N6. When I put no space in it worked! Exampl: T8S1N6. Hope this helps!

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sparka416 Make sure you write your name exactly as on your credit card and you use the same address in your Public Mobile account than in your credit card account.You can also try to use a different browser or to use private mode on your browser.

If nothing works, you'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sparka416 wrote:

Hello, 

I'm trying to do initial account setup and activate sim online but getting error at payment step. 

Error: Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

I've tired two different cards, one Visa and one VisaDebit, and neither are being verified. These cards are working online for other transactions so I think the issue is with the payment platform. 

Any tips to get system to accept my cards? 

I've read that entering postal code as XXXXXX is the prefered way as opposed to XXX XXX.

Leave out apt number if you have one, as suggested by @Ninja0628 

Ninja0628
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure that the address on your account matches the address of the card, and is exact.  Other posts have mentioned not entering a unit or apartment number as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.