cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonetel Number Port not working

electrokawal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi team,

I have just ported my Sonetel number 647 243 xxx2 to Public Mobile SIM Card No. 89122xxxxxxx8927205

The process was smooth and efficient.

However, I'm able to make only outgoing calls from this number.

Incoming calls are NOT working! None of my friends are able to reach me!

Can you please check the problem and fix the same?

Thanks,

Kawal Mhatre

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

Yes. I did contact them. However, they seem to be out of sync with Sonetel (my service provider). I have shared the contact details of Sonetel in my previous response. Would appreciate it if you could check with them on priority. I am repeating the: The issue is that the revised request has not yet been received by Sonetel. Can you please check  with Public's concerned team why is there a delay in this? 

@electrokawal I'm not sure if you're asking me to check with them on priority, but I'm just a customer here.  You should follow up with another message to the @CS_Agent.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

electrokawal

Yes. I did contact them. However, they seem to be out of sync with Sonetel (my service provider). I have shared the contact details of Sonetel in my previous response. Would appreciate it if you could check with them on priority. I am repeating the: The issue is that the revised request has not yet been received by Sonetel. Can you please check  with Public's concerned team why is there a delay in this? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@electrokawal did you contact the Public Mobile Moderator Team as suggested?  Have they replied?  To the best of my recollecction, VoIP ports can take up to a week, not up to 2 days, but it would be best to touch base with the moderator team to see if anything is hung up on their side.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

electrokawal

Dear Public Team,

We cannot keep on extending the committed timelines!

Now I have received a mail from Sonetel stating that the revised request has not reached Sonetel at all!

What is causing the delay?

Following is their email:

On 06-Feb-2018 7:38 PM, "George from Sonetel" <support@sonetel.com> wrote:

Hi Syed, 

Hope you doing Great today!

Our service provider has confirmed that they have not received the revised request in order to release the number.

I kindly request you to check with the gaining provider and ask them to submit the request, without which we may not be able to port the number for you.

Thank you for your understanding and support. 
Yours, 
George 

George D 
Support Engineer 
Sonetel Customer Service 

Find answers at http://help.sonetel.com/help 
My supervisor can be reached at support.supervisor@sonetel.com

Please connect with Sonetel team on support@sonetel.com and

Please keep me in the Communication. 

We need to work as one team, put our heads together and resolve the issue. 

I have sent you the other details on Private messaging and I can't send any more private messages as per the error I received a while ago. Hence posting it here!

Kindly help me! I am struggling since 5 days. 

@electrokawal ok then it may take longer (up to two days) for the port to get completed. 

electrokawal

Yep, Sonetel is a VoIP service.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Just wondering if this is a cellular carrier, or is it a VoIP service you are porting from?  It will be a longer process if it is VoIP, or landline.  In these cases, a minimum of 2 days.

@electrokawal. You're welcome. 

If it has only been a few minutes since your have made the port in request then you just have to wait since it may take a couple of hours for the port in to be completed. 

If it has been more than  a couple of hours then please contact the mods. Thanks

electrokawal

Sorry about that team, censored my number here with x's 

I'll send you a private message.

My apologies!

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you shouldn't post your personal info here. Give it an hour or two. It should be fine. 

If not, try sending a message to the moderator team privately, they are PM employees:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Your message should include:
- Email address
- PM phone number

- Account PIN

- Detailed explanation of the issue

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@electrokawal sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Transfering or porting the number sometimes can take a couple of hours. So please be patient and it will work in a bit. 

Also, please don't post your phone number and other account info on this public forum for your own privacy. 

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.