cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has the same phone number!!!!

simongregoire11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My son just got last week his new Public Mobile SIM card & he suscribed to 25$ talk&data plan.

However, there is a big problem.

Depending of who is calling to his number, sometimes he receive the call, and sometimes another person answers.

Example;  when I call him, he receive the call, no problem.

If my wife call his number with her mobile, a woman answer, and she says this is her phone number.

If I call from my home, the woman answer again.

And my son got a lot of strange problem with the SMS as well.

It seems that the system gave to my son a non-available phone number!??

What can we do?   Thinking about cancel if this is too much problem to solve...

8 REPLIES 8

@hTideGnow wrote:

I did a quick search, look like this hiccup is only happening on Telus/Koodo/PM.  Other providers like Rogers or Bell have done a better job to avoid this.

@hTideGnow    It's actually very odd that it's happening with some frequency and really this should very rarely happen!

I did a quick search, look like this hiccup is only happening on Telus/Koodo/PM.  Other providers like Rogers or Bell have done a better job to avoid this.

@simongregoire11 wrote:

Yes, I asked to woman if I really called the XXX-XXX-XXXX number (my son's number), and it was the case.

According to what I read, I will suggest to my son to change his number... changing after 3-4 days is not a bit issue. 

I'll keep you posed about the results.  Thanks all for your fast and appropriate answers; I really appreciate and I'm very impressed!  

@simongregoire11   Just FYI you are allowed 4 number changes per 30 day cycle for free. 

Good luck with the number change although I don't understand why numbers that are already in use are being shown to be available in PM's number selection pool.

simongregoire11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I asked to woman if I really called the XXX-XXX-XXXX number (my son's number), and it was the case.

According to what I read, I will suggest to my son to change his number... changing after 3-4 days is not a bit issue. 

I'll keep you posed about the results.  Thanks all for your fast and appropriate answers; I really appreciate and I'm very impressed!  

I think the issue is somehow PM gave the wrong number out for new customer to choose.   Seeing this twice today already and I see posts like this at least couple time a month

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@simongregoire11 

That is strange. When a number is cancel the carrier are to hold the number for 45 days before reassigning it to someone else.

Did you tell the women that you called xxx-xxx-xxxx number to see if it is the same as your son’s number?

Since it is only a week, I would suggest you pick a new number for your son by log into your Self Serve account and pick a new number under View Usage or My Data & Add-one>Change Phone Number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, if you know it,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@simongregoire11  yes, this is funny but this happens.  This happened more than you thought. 

A quick way is to to to My Account and select Change Number to pick a different number.    (This is in fact the only way as the number is already owned by someone else)

Need Help? Let's chat.