cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone has the same phone number of mine?

My name is Cong. I'm an international student studying at Halifax, NS, Canada. I got my sim card in September 2018. It's been bothering me a lot since I got my phone card. I always received message and phone call from other places called me Tobi? I tried to ignore them but it does bothers me more because I always received different calls and I'm even not sure if my phone number is safe to connect with my bank account and social media account. Yesterday, my classmates just found that there is another person use my phone number registered in whatsup. I'm so confused and what should I do NOW?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Regards,

Cong Chen微信图片_20190110204446.jpg微信图片_20190110204456.jpg微信图片_20190110204502.jpg微信图片_20190110204507.jpg微信图片_20190110204513.jpg微信图片_20190110204519.jpg微信图片_20190110204524.jpg

Tags (1)
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Someone has the same phone number of mine?

@nico7nico7

Lots of info and insight...lol...go to self serve and change your phone number....easiest solution.....

It's terrible!!! driving me crazy!

If change my phone number, do I need to refresh all my connected bank account, driver's licence, social media accounts? I mean, that will be aweful!!!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's likely that "Tobi" USED to have the number you now have. If you go into your self serve account you can change your phone number. Go to Overview, Plan Details, Change Phone Number.

You won't need to change anything else associated with your account.

@nico7nico7 wrote:

If change my phone number, do I need to refresh all my connected bank account, driver's licence, social media accounts? I mean, that will be aweful!!!

@nico7nico7

Awful yes..but better than whats happening now....??

@nico7nico7

Also...delete your posts that include your phone number..this site is public so tobi may not be your only problem if you keep the number😀

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's just bad luck. ..Really. 

I will delete the picture right now. but If change my phone number, do I need to refresh all my connected bank account, driver's licence, social media accounts?

@nico7nico7 wrote:

I will delete the picture right now. but If change my phone number, do I need to refresh all my connected bank account, driver's licence, social media accounts?

@nico7nico7

What ever contacts/services that required your phone number will need to be updated..