cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Someone has the same phone number of mine?

@nico7nico7 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. If I apply for change another phone number, Can I get a new SIM card or the number just changed automatically?

There is no guarantee that the new number will be any different. I had the same problem with my number when I first got it from Telus. I ignored the issues for a while but then decided to answer the calls and text, I explained that the person they were looking for no longer owned the number. Now everything is great, have not got a text or call foe over a year.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker

Bingo

This is NOT Public issue

It is Whatsapp issue

(the data app is sending / receiving as if previous user is current user)

@stonechucker wrote:

I don’t use the apps that take over your phone number for use in data only messaging, but is it possible the the previous user of the phone number hasn’t updated their app for their new new number?

you’ve had this number for over 3 months now, I think you should be able to keep it.  How long has this been happening, is it just recent?

@nico7nico7, if you haven't already, install the WhatsApp program on your device, sign up, and register your phone number.  This should help 'return' the number to being solely yours, and you'll no longer have to worry about the previous holder of the number.