cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else recieves messages with my number

kcurrie7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated  my SIM card and chose a phone number. Calls and text messages go through fine however anyone using and iPhone sends the iMessage to someone else. How is this possible? Any idea how to fix?

6 REPLIES 6

@kcurrie7 wrote:

Someone as in the last person who had the phone number I assume. I am not using an iPhone.

But you said in your first message 

however anyone using and iPhone sends the iMessage to someone else.......??????

kcurrie7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone as in the last person who had the phone number I assume. I am not using an iPhone.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@kcurrie7 Which iOS are you using? Log out of your iCloud account on your iPhone and relogin under Settings and get the iCloud / Messages to update your number. Either that is you can try to start afresh with your iPhone setup. You should get a confirmation from your other iCloud connected devices telling you "your phone name" is added to your iCloud account or something to that effect.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kcurrie7 wrote:

I just activated  my SIM card and chose a phone number. Calls and text messages go through fine however anyone using and iPhone sends the iMessage to someone else. How is this possible? Any idea how to fix?

@kcurrie7  Someone meaning possibly your old number? Did you try doing a network reset on your phone?

@hycm53 wrote:

@kcurrie7 wrote:

You may contact moderator team for your issue here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I am not an iPhone owner.  From what little I know, iMessage is not run by Public Mobile.  They have no skin in the game and can't really do much.  If the Public Mobile account has been assigned a phone number properly, it's up to the iMessage user to set up their account and link to the proper phone number.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kcurrie7 wrote:

You may contact moderator team for your issue here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.