cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused - says phone is locked and it wasn't (it was with Speakout) AND my number isn't correct

kmaot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So frustrated!!  Just bought the plan and it says my phone is locked.  It was previously with Speakout and I have called Speakout and Bell and Rogers and no one can unlock it?  

Also, the phone number that was given to me isn't my number at all!  It belongs to someone else.  I had wanted the old Speakout number to be transferred to Public but it somehow has come up with a number that actually belongs to someone else!!  

Can anyone please help me?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@kmaot wrote:

So frustrated!!  Just bought the plan and it says my phone is locked.  It was previously with Speakout and I have called Speakout and Bell and Rogers and no one can unlock it?  

Also, the phone number that was given to me isn't my number at all!  It belongs to someone else.  I had wanted the old Speakout number to be transferred to Public but it somehow has come up with a number that actually belongs to someone else!!  

What type of indication did you receive that the phone is locked? If after inserting your Public Mobile SIM card, the phone display a message asking for the SIM Network Unlock PIN, you need to get this from Speakout. Bell Mobility cannot help you as the phone isn't locked to them. If you've used it at both Bell Mobility and Speakout Wireless in the past, the device is already carrier unlocked.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@kmaot wrote:

Hi @kmaot here's a thread by @popping to help your problem...

Porting number from Speakout - Apply also to Petro-Canada Mobility

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kmaot wrote:

@kmaot What says your phone is locked? What is the message you are receiving? If it is indeed locked you need the previous carrier that it was locked to, to unlock it. They must do this free. As for the old phone number, your old account must be active in order to "port" your number into Public Mobile. As for the number you ended up with, I think you may need to contact a moderator for help.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I believe you should work with one problem at the time. Can you borrow a phone that works with Telus/Koodo just to see if your service works.

Login to your selfserve and check your status and the number in plans and add-ons section

To transfer number after activating you will need to contact mods https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

For the phone, it looks like it's locked to one of providers on Rogers network. Do you remember where was it purchased initially? Singer phones tend to lock themselves to the first provider used.

You also have option contacting manufacturer

Need Help? Let's chat.