cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small business account

CaraJean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - is it possible to open an account for my small business or is Public Mobile for personal use only? 

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks @darlicious 

Yes as mentioned there are no official receipts to use for writing off the expense. Most of us here suggest just requesting a receipt from Public Mobile in January or February covering the previous January - December.

As mentioned there is generally no reason you cant use PM for your business. Being a tier 3 provider, response to problems can be slower so you need to determine if your business “lives or dies” on your phone or if it is just a bit of an inconvenience if you had no service for a few hours, a day or maybe even two days. I haven't had a problem with service what-so-ever in my 20 months here now. 

It also spends on whether you gravitate towards online type service or have to “talk with someone” for service (is no one to “talk” to here). Many people want to fall back to phoning someone and cant seem to get past that. I see lots of problems brought up here where the person wastes inordinate amounts of time trying to figure how to talk with someone instead of providing detailed info on the plan they are on and the exact problem they are having. In many cases had the community been given good info Initially the persons problem might have been resolved before the person has even figured out how to get to message a moderator to get them looking into the problem.

AE_Collector

@CaraJean wrote:

I assume then I can create the account using my business name?   This is great news!!

You create the name on the account.  As stated there are no credit checks or identification verification when setting up an account.  You could have the account name under Madonna if you chose to.  I have never had an issue with loss of service while with PM (except the no text after US roaming which has been fixed) but I am not so sure I would recommend PM if your livelihood and income depend on an active phone line.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

@CaraJean 

Heres a great post on how to request an invoice from public mobile by @AE_Collector  that you will want for your business accounting.*

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CaraJean wrote:

I assume then I can create the account using my business name?   This is great news!!

PM is a prepaid service.  There is no credit check.  You can put any name on your account as you wish.  

I agree with what @will13am said.  Although moderator response time is faster now.  You should have a backup plan just in case there is a long delay to get moderator help.

CaraJean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CaraJean , Public Mobile is a tier 3 brand targeted at bargain hunting consumers.  They don't really have a product targeted at businesses.  In fact, due to reduced customer support compared to other brands the product may not be suitable for businesses.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CaraJean 

With the current moderator response time, running a business on PM is fine.  

Two years ago, on the first week I was on this community forum, there was an Uber driver who took an unscheduled one week off because moderator response time was up to a week or more.  I had been telling my referrals not to use PM to run a business until beginning of this year.  With the moderator response time within a few hours to 1 day, I have no problem to recommend PM service to run a business or your job depends on a working phone.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@CaraJean Yes, you can of course. You can either the account you have now, or a better option - start a brand new account.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I know for a fact that others use it for their business.

I'm not sure if there is any small print referring to it, I never noticed it though.

Welcome to Publicmobile

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CaraJean wrote:

Hello - is it possible to open an account for my small business or is Public Mobile for personal use only? 

@CaraJean hi there is no reason why you couldn't😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaraJean wrote:

Any entity willing to pay the cost can be a PM customer.

For a business I would suggest always paying in advance rather than relying on autopay.

Configure autopay, then pay in advance. That way you still get the $2 reward even though the payment card isn't hit.

Be sure to use a referral code for activation. You get $10.

Edit: also, there are no invoices here. You would to ask for them and they take a while to arrive. It's suggested to do that once for the year.

Need Help? Let's chat.