cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchy Service

Ddenzel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had my service for one month and was unable to text makes calls or receive calls for the majority of that time. Has any one had a similar experience? I have a public mobile number, had the $45 plan with 6gb data and unlimited text/talk. I tried rebooting the phone. I’m not wanting to pay for another month that I can’t use. 

Ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ddenzel wrote:

I was with TELUS before with this phone and had no issues with service. 

@Ddenzel as noted, exactly the same network. Your phone should work identically between the two.  I think that @RobertQc had a very good suggestion to make sure your phone hasn't been blacklisted--particularly so if you purchased it second hand, but I would check it either way to be sure.  It's quick and easy to do.  If you don't have your IMEI number handy, just type *#06# into your dialer app and the phone will display it to you.

When you sign into your self-serve account, does it show as Active?  I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try the lost-then-found trick detailed here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f... as it seems to fix others that have had the phone stop working a few days after activation.  It's worth a try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM is telus btw exact same towers/network. So is koodo that's why PM users get koodo migration offers.

@Ddenzel wrote:

Yes it was showing No Service (I double checked all information was correct to connect to the network which it was). 

@DdenzelHave you checked your IMEI number? Make sure that the phone has not been added to the blacklist (it happens, sometimes even by accident) https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Go into network settings is it set to "automatically select network" ? If it is, deselect it and try to do a manual network search, (it takes a few minutes be patient) what networks do you see? If you see public mobile, try connecting to it manually and report back.

Ddenzel

I was with TELUS before with this phone and had no issues with service. 

Ddenzel

Data was the only part not working at first. But then cell service went too. 

Ddenzel

Yes it was showing No Service (I double checked all information was correct to connect to the network which it was). 

At first it was only data not working which I sorted out then no cell service for 3 weeks. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My first month was like that, I'm pretty sure it was just that my iPhone 5s that I had at the time had a really crappy antenna. My LG G Flex has been pretty solid (yes I lose connection still, but not nearly as badly). It's probably your phone and your distance from the nearest Bell/Telus tower.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@Ddenzel wrote:

I’ve had my service for one month and was unable to text makes calls or receive calls for the majority of that time.

For a couple of hours/maybe some days after migrating a phone number, that could be normal/a failed porting. Have you ported a number, and have you already contacted the moderators regarding your problem?

@Ddenzel wrote:

I [...] had the $45 plan with 6gb data and unlimited text/talk.

You say you haven'y been able to text/make calls, but how was the data? Was it working all right?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What do you mean by majority of the time ? Has it been functioning ok lately ?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ddenzel wrote:

I’ve had my service for one month and was unable to text makes calls or receive calls for the majority of that time. Has any one had a similar experience? I have a public mobile number, had the $45 plan with 6gb data and unlimited text/talk. I tried rebooting the phone. I’m not wanting to pay for another month that I can’t use. 

Ideas?

@DdenzelHow is your connectivity / signal strength? Does it show you "no service" "emergency calls only" often?

Was service gone for an extended period of time or is it a random thing? Did it only happen when you first signed up?

I have personally had flawless service.

Need Help? Let's chat.