cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

Dennis6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What's the deal with this company is it a one time shot or what lost my phone went and bought a new phone and Sim card now can't get it activated can't even get a response from anyone this company some kind of joke or something?

10 REPLIES 10

@kselmak 

The account pin# is not sufficient enough to change the sim card. The moderators will ask additional account verifying questions.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis6 

You don't need to activate your sim card if you want to keep your old account and number, after you authenticate your account you just pass them the new sim number and they will charge the sim for you.

The fastest way to authenticate is to give them your pin if you remember. If you don't it will take a bit longer. 

@Dennis6 

This is how a sim card change works. You either submit a ticket thru simple simon and verify you are the account holder or you send a private message with the verifying info (Full name, address, email, pin # and phone # of the account) in the first message along with the new sim card number.

The moderator messages you back asking you 3 or 4 verification questions from the following list:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits and/or expiry date.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

Once you reply with the answers to the moderators additional questions they will change the sim card and ask you to check and make sure its working. Once successful you say thank you please send me a review link. The moderators say thanks too and send you the review link. You fill out the link so that pm gets feedback on how they can improve their customer service or how well each moderator is performing their job.

I did this the other day and the whole interaction to less than one hour from start to finish even after I forgot to resume service after reporting the phone lost/stolen ( really just a lost sim card.)

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dennis6 : Did you reply? Like click on the subject line to fully read the message and see the reply button? They probably want more info. If you don't reply in a timely fashion, they'll close the ticket.

@Dennis6 that's kinda how they work, so it's best to give as much info as possible. they send a max of 2-3 messages per day to one customer.

you can try resetting your network settings and restart your phone. maybe they have already started the process

Dennis6

Yes I have been watching it they responded a couple time then started ignoring me

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dennis6 : Have you been watching the envelope icon upper right by your sailboat avatar? When you see a thing over top of it then you know you have a reply. You would likely get an email notification. Don't answer it.

How long has it been?

@Dennis6 wrote:

I've done both just as well to send a message to my dog it would probably respond before them

@Dennis6  hopefully you hear from them within a couple of hours. 

Response time has been pretty good, I think lately.

FYI - Moderators:

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Dennis6

I've done both just as well to send a message to my dog it would probably respond before them

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis6 wrote:

What's the deal with this company is it a one time shot or what lost my phone went and bought a new phone and Sim card now can't get it activated can't even get a response from anyone this company some kind of joke or something?

@Dennis6 

Were you already a Public Mobile customer before?

IF so, you do not need to activate a new SIM card, you just need to contact the Moderators to have the SIM card number swapped on your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

TYPE "SIM SWAP"

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.