cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim still not activated

Kathyboulet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well i ordered a sim card last week.. Received it yesterday.. Followed all instructions to a t... This is my 3rd public mobile account. So im not new to this... Tried to activate online last night...

For some reason.. The site said that it couldnt charge my credit card.. Yet i got charged 2 times 57$... I cant log in and still have no activates sim.. Amd after 12 hours i still have 2 charges of 57$.. 

Please may i have a moderator retunr to me and not just people answeting the same thing and or telling me what to do to activate... I have done all that already and still nothing...

20 REPLIES 20

@Kathyboulet 

create another ticket

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
type "forgot log in information"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Kathyboulet

So u want me to pay 3 times in order to activate my sim card. Yet after 3 days i still have no infomation about the 2 prior charges..... 

Kathyboulet

2 tickets in and still no actual help...

3rd day now

Not impressed at all with public mobile...

@Kathyboulet 

Take @geopublic  and @mm80 advice. If the sim card allows you to continue with the activation then the charges to your credit card are just pending and wont be posted to your account.  If the sim card gets the invalid sim message its been activated but not provisioned correctly and you will need a moderator to fix it for you.

Open a new ticket. Wait times are longer than usual but you should get a rexponse by the end of the business day

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kathyboulet if you try to activate again, does it say invalid sim card? Saying that indicates account opened already.

@Kathyboulet  It's possible that the charges that you are seeing online are holding charges and not actual charges.

If you tried your sim in your device and it is not activated more than likely those charges will go away.

Kathyboulet

Thank you ill try that.. 

Sure sounds like a challenging situation @Kathyboulet, and one I might not want to be in either.

Sorry things don't appear to be going as you might expect - this is not the typical experience.

@Kathyboulet wrote:

I need to get reinbursed the 114$ before i try and activate again...

Contact Catherine_T

Kathyboulet

I need to get reinbursed the 114$ before i try and activate again...

@Kathyboulet 

Did you try the online activation assistance link I recommended about 14 hours ago?

It's the one @JK8 also recommended again here in the prior post.  You won't be able to reach them at this time, but you will if you try during their posted operating hours.

@Kathyboulet wrote:

Ok same problem since i first posted lastnight...

Nothing changed... Still no sim activated and not account activated yet 2 charges on my credit card...

Mod told me to return to where i activated.. 

Seems to me the mods here dont read anything we say... In all my posts and tickets ive been saying the same thing..i tried to activate from my house on my computer. And didnt activate yet got charged 2 times. .

Can someone help me and not take 24 hours to be told to returne to my rep.. Im in northen quebec. Theres b

No reps here .....

I read through your original post in another thread. Tomorrow morning when the chat line is open use it to activate your sim. Once activated contact PM rep Catherine_T to dispute those 2 charges using the email system in the community.

Here is the link for live chat activation:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Kathyboulet

Ok same problem since i first posted lastnight...

Nothing changed... Still no sim activated and not account activated yet 2 charges on my credit card...

Mod told me to return to where i activated.. 

Seems to me the mods here dont read anything we say... In all my posts and tickets ive been saying the same thing..i tried to activate from my house on my computer. And didnt activate yet got charged 2 times. .

Can someone help me and not take 24 hours to be told to returne to my rep.. Im in northen quebec. Theres b

No reps here .....

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the mod team is absolutely amazing! they can be reached quite effectively through  SiMon

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kathyboulet 

Try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:

Online Activation Assistance

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Kathyboulet check your private message inbox throughout the day. you should see a response from mods today

@Kathyboulet wrote:

Have 2 tickets in already since yesterday.. Still waiting for help...

@Kathyboulet Sorry, but only the moderators who are employees can issue refunds. Usually, everyone you talk to in a forum message thread will be customers.

Kathyboulet

Have 2 tickets in already since yesterday.. Still waiting for help...

@Kathyboulet wrote:

Well i ordered a sim card last week.. Received it yesterday.. Followed all instructions to a t... This is my 3rd public mobile account. So im not new to this... Tried to activate online last night...

For some reason.. The site said that it couldnt charge my credit card.. Yet i got charged 2 times 57$... I cant log in and still have no activates sim.. Amd after 12 hours i still have 2 charges of 57$.. 

Please may i have a moderator retunr to me and not just people answeting the same thing and or telling me what to do to activate... I have done all that already and still nothing...

@Kathyboulet  To contact a moderator, you'll need to open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.