Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Sim not working

Hi @Azopp, welcome to Public Mobile! Answers inline: 

@Azopp wrote:

hi guys.

It is very strange but today, after I did few more attempts to use this new SIM in another phones and then back, the SIM unexpectedly have registered in the mobile network and started working.

I really did no changes befofe it.

Well, now I have few other questions, could someone give an answer?

1. Are there any USSD services available in PM? Say, how to check my current balance, and so on.

- There are no USSD services that I am aware of (others may know different). You can check balance, etc, either by *611 or logging into your selfservice account.

2. Is there any User's Guide?

- There is no formal users guide. @NDesai has put together a pretty good new user FAQ, not sure if that's the one you already saw, here is the link: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/FAQ-for-New-Users/m-p/62430/highlight/...

> you will have to pay $10 shipping fees which can be refunded after you activate that sim.
Will it come to my Credit card or to mobile balance?
And when? My SIM was activated few days ago.

- You need to send an email applying for the rebate, which will be credited back to you method of payment, described here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Canada-Post-Strike/m-p/57464

4. What is the number of Voicemail service?
My phone says there is a voicemail but it seems I have to set it up first as it asks for a provider's voicemail number.

- Believe that the VM number depends on where you live. (I have a 613 area code VM number). However, you can phone your own number from your cell and it will go to VM. Maybe others have a better answer.

I have checked the FAQ topic and few others but found no answers there.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Azopp wrote:

5.My plan does not include text messaging, because I text very rarely.

At first I thought I would be still able to send/receive text messages and pay per use. But now it seems I would have no texting at all, neither incoming nor outgoing.

I wonder is there any addon for texting? I opened the related page but found nothing related.

Maybe I would never need a single message to be sent, but I'd like to be able to receive ones.

- Correct, there is no pay per use texting and there is no texting add-on, without text in your plan you will not be able to send or receive texts. However, if you already have talk and data, then the additional discount you get for "all 3" when you add text is usualy enough to cover text for free. Since you newly activated, one of the moderators can normally add it if you want, you should PM @Mary_M

Retraité / Retired

Hey @Azopp

Glad to hear that you got your SIM card to work, it's great news and thank you for sharing.

I will take a look at your plan, and I'll send you a private message shortly.

Thank you for your patience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi JaK

Thank you a lot!

And thanks Mary! Looking forward to see your suggestions!

Looking forward to see your suggestions!

Mayor / Maire

@Shazia_K are you by chance still in the office?  Mary was supposed to connect with @Azopp on Saturday but it doesn't sound like she had a chance before the end of her day.  Would you be able to assist?  Azoop has been waiting for a few days now.  Smiley Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

yes, I am in the office right now. 

@Azopp, can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? and also if you can explain a bit of what is going on right now. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Highlighted

Thanks, Shazia.

Message sent!