cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working

Tola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, good evening. I just got my public mobile sim today but its not working. I have tried several options including reset but it seems there is a problem. My phone keeps popping something like "sim not positioned for voice". Please help

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tola wrote:

Yes, it has that message on my phone. Not provisioned for voice

Which phone are you using?

Is your data working on your phone?

If data is working on your phone, your phone may not support 3G as PM uses 3G for voice call.  Data can use 3G or LTE signals.

If you did the activation correct, which it looks like you did and the sim number on your account matches the sim in your phone, I don't think there's anything you can do. I'd say you should talk to simon, it's easy, it takes a couple of minutes and a human will help you. 

Tola

Oh, thank you. The link is referring me back t pull the registrations page and I have already made payment. Will I need to input my details and pay again?

Tola

Yes, the CC was charged . Please what can I do to activate the sim?

@Tola , did you activate the SIM card?  This is the activation page.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

another post about the same issue...

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ was having issue earlier. .just came back now.. i wonder if there was actually issue with the activation server on the back end... 

so, you activated yourself or you went to a kiosk and someone did it for you?  you gave them the CC and you confirm CC was charged?

Tola

Yes, it has that message on my phone. Not provisioned for voice

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tola wrote:

Hi, good evening. I just got my public mobile sim today but its not working. I have tried several options including reset but it seems there is a problem. My phone keeps popping something like "sim not positioned for voice". Please help

is the error SIM not provisioned?

Need Help? Let's chat.