cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not activated in phone

taff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have ported my cell number from Rogers, my Rogers sim is no longer active but my public mobile sim has not activated with my Rogers number, the PM SIM was activated over 3 hours ago. I am also having problems getting into my account any advise please.

18 REPLIES 18

smitty267

You may have to back up your phone and try a factory reset with the new sim in..Thats how I got my phone to work.

taff

Thanks have it all figured out now, no cell cover here even though map says yes 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone do you have?

What is actually displayed on your phone?

"No signal"

"Emergency calls only"

...or something else?

Try turning on Airplane mode for a few minutes and then turn it off, and reset your phone.

taff

Thanks for your help but the phone needs to work at my H/A so until I get full coverage its a no go for me.

@taff  Maybe check this map, and see where the nearest Telus tower is located.... that, and see where the other providers' towers are.

Canadian Cell Towers 

taff

So followed your advise, no PM signal here, someone got their maths wrong PM says my local covered by them clearly not thanks for your help 

@taff wrote:

no still no joy, the phone does not show any signal at all, the PM map says I should have one, maybe this is the problem !

The PM coverage map isn't definitive - where we live, we're within the coverage map's boundaries, but there's only 2 Telus towers somewhat nearby, and my signal is generally pretty weak. It's generally usable, but I get occasional random disconnects.

Your best bet, is to try as @gblackma  suggested, i.e. try your SIM in another phone..... that, and maybe move around to various spots where you're currently located, OR even get in the car and go down the road a ways, and see if anything helps.

[Actual issue highlighted ....... Luddite]

@taff do you have another phone handy that you can use to check the SIM? It could be a problem with the antenna .

@taff wrote:

no still no joy, the phone does not show any signal at all, the PM map says I should have one, maybe this is the problem !

taff

@taff  If you go into Settings/Connections/MoreNetworks/MobileNetworks(or similar, depending on your phone & OS), and do a scan for available networks in your area, does PM show up?

If you place your SIM into another unlocked phone. Does it work? Thanks. 

taff

Followed your advise but no joy not connecting to network and pnone shows no signal 

taff

Thanks followed your advise but no joy I am wondering if this is related to having no signal showing on my phone ( I checked if I should have coverage before starting this change )

@taff 

Does your phone work at all?  Are you able to call or text out?  If the port is still in process, you should at least be able to call and text out.  You will not be able to receive text or calls at your Roger's number though.  If you are able to call or text out, then maybe wait a bit longer to see whether the port will be completed later this afternoon.

If the phone does not work at all, you will likely need to contact moderator as described above.  

taff

yes my number was imported from Rogers ( it no longer shows on my Rogers account) My phone does not show any signal but I am in an area that allegedly has coverage, so not sure whats going on. I have created an account but can not log in 

thanks.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Did you transfer your phone number from Rogers?

If no, you should do it in your account.

What kind of problem with account do you have? Did you create it already?

You may try to reset your password or try to login in different browser or in incognito mode.

@taff wrote:

I have ported my cell number from Rogers, my Rogers sim is no longer active but my public mobile sim has not activated with my Rogers number, the PM SIM was activated over 3 hours ago. I am also having problems getting into my account any advise please.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone. However, @taff It sounds like your SIM didn't provision properly.  Please contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

As to your self service account try clearing your browser history,  going to private / incognito mode and try logging in again. If this doesn't work use the reset password link.

@taff wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@taff wrote:

@taff  First restart your phone. Are you connecting to PM's network? If yes, dial 611 from your phone, what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.