cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim invalid

ClaudiaaFortin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ! 
I just received my Sim Card that I purchased 3 days ago on public mobile website. Now that I try to activate it to complete and choose my plan, it says : invalid SIM. Did this happed to anyone yet ? I checked and everything is ok with my phone to be functionnal under public mobile network. 

12 REPLIES 12

mrspurds

We had a similar issues just now with my daughter's new account.  We tried a few times and looked through the community posts, which all said to contact a moderator.

I sent a pm, however, in the meantime I was bored so I kept scrolling through.  I found the comment by gblackma about using 'incognito mode' (which I seriously thought was ludicrous... but I was bored..).  Incognito mode worked like a charm.  Thank you, gblackma.

I would also like to say THANK YOU to the PM Moderators.  They have been extremely helpful and quick to respond.

rnoory

Hi,

if you tried all other tricks (including shutting down phone, removin and re-inserting SIM) mentionned by others and still no sucess, you can go to Wal-mart or any suggested retail store (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator).  I went to Wal-mart today and they gave me the SIM free if I let the clerk do the transfer for me !...  Better check if this "promotion" is available in all stores.

good luck!

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ClaudiaaFortin  If as you say on your very first try you got the invalid sim message I think it is very likely you have a bad SIM card. Where did you purchase the SIM card? I know Wal-Mart had recieved a bad batch.

Bad batch? A defect would normally be a manufacturing defect. That won't make activation say invalid sim. If it's a bad causing that, that means Public forgot to add them to the database.

@cellphoneuser1  "Bad batch" There was a customer who recieved this message after many posts of how to clear your browser etc....it was clarified by the OP this was the message that was recieved on the first attempt at activation. I advised him to go back to Wal-Mart for a refund or exchange. While there it took three different "new sims" to get one to activate. The sims were all defective coming from a "bad batch" they had recieved. If I used a poor choice of words to describe a defective SIM card it still remains true that the invalid sim message can be recieved on the first try at activation meaning the SIM card has previously been used or is defective possibly from a "bad batch" of SIM cards.

@darlicious wrote:

@ClaudiaaFortin  If as you say on your very first try you got the invalid sim message I think it is very likely you have a bad SIM card. Where did you purchase the SIM card? I know Wal-Mart had recieved a bad batch.

Bad batch? A defect would normally be a manufacturing defect. That won't make activation say invalid sim. If it's a bad batch causing that, that means Public forgot to add them to the database.

@ClaudiaaFortin wrote:

When activating the SIM to create my account here on public mobile on my first try, it says invalid SIM. The SIM works well in my phone (when no SIM card is inside, it says so. But as soon as I put this SIM card inside, it's ok) I just wonder why I can't activate it when using GET STARTED, and then ACTIVATE SIM. I can't go further.

@ClaudiaaFortin  If as you say on your very first try you got the invalid sim message I think it is very likely you have a bad SIM card. Where did you purchase the SIM card? I know Wal-Mart had recieved a bad batch. If you bought it from a retailer return to that location and ask for a refund or an exchange. If you are exchanging it do your activation there (you could even get them to try to activate your problem SIM first) this way you can ensure you get a good SIM card. You will also know you will be able to take advantage of the current promotion.

If you purchased online you will have to contact the moderators to request a refund or easier would be an account credit. If you can go to a retailer asap to purchase and/or activate a new SIM to take advantage of the current promotion and worry about the refund later. Follow the previous instructions to contact the moderators. Be sure to keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

@ClaudiaaFortin wrote:

When activating the SIM to create my account here on public mobile on my first try, it says invalid SIM. The SIM works well in my phone (when no SIM card is inside, it says so. But as soon as I put this SIM card inside, it's ok) I just wonder why I can't activate it when using GET STARTED, and then ACTIVATE SIM. I can't go further.

Sometimes it can happen that your SIM number was already activated accidentally by someone else.

In this case, you can contact Moderators to ask for a possible refund.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

ClaudiaaFortin

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check sim in another phone, if available, to see if it works. There could also be an issue with the sim itself.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ClaudiaaFortin  This seems to be a common lately and possibly related to a batch of bad SIMs or some network issues. Contact mods and try troubleshoot by putting SIM in a different phone and a different SIM in your phone if possible

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you try the above solutions and it still says invalid SIM. You may have a dud. Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

@ClaudiaaFortin wrote:

Hi ! 
I just received my Sim Card that I purchased 3 days ago on public mobile website. Now that I try to activate it to complete and choose my plan, it says : invalid SIM. Did this happed to anyone yet ? I checked and everything is ok with my phone to be functionnal under public mobile network. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You could be locked out. Wait an hour and resubmit your SIM using a private or incognito window. For some reason this works. Also ignore the unit apt number when entering credit card information. Add your apt if applicable with a dash before your address. Welcome to PM. 

@ClaudiaaFortin wrote:

Hi ! 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ClaudiaaFortin wrote:

Hi ! 

You tried entering the SIM number on the back of the SIM Card?

Did you receive the "Invalid SIM" message on your first try?

Or did you try more than once to activate?

Need Help? Let's chat.