cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim invalid

elwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a sim card from Public Mobile online and just received it.  I have tired to activate it and the first time I tried, it let me get past the first page all the way to payment for a plan but it errored out and said to start over.  Now when I try to activate it, I can not get past the first page because it says 'sim invalid'.  I have restarted the browser, cleared cookies, waited hours, tried a different computer on another day, same results.  What are my options?

6 REPLIES 6

sunrain

This happened to me today.  I bought the SIM card at a London Drugs store in Vancouver.  Got home and tried to setup an account.  Filled out almost all the pages but right before activating and processing payment, I decided to change something on my account information and went back to the previous pages.  SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NOT DO!! You do get the warning messages that you will have to resubmit the information, which I thought would be ok, but it is not. DO NOT GO TO PREVIOUS PAGES WHEN YOU ARE ACTIVATING. It screwed up everything and I think the system must think that the SIM was activated but it never was.  I kept getting the INVALID SIM message on the first page and couldn't get past it.  I tried to log in, but it had never properly set up my account so I couldn't log in.  I ended up going back to the London Drugs store and the clerk there was able to activate my SIM for me and set up my account.  

elwood

Nothing else has worked so thanks for the link.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@elwood wrote:

I bought a sim card from Public Mobile online and just received it.  I have tired to activate it and the first time I tried, it let me get past the first page all the way to payment for a plan but it errored out and said to start over.  Now when I try to activate it, I can not get past the first page because it says 'sim invalid'.  I have restarted the browser, cleared cookies, waited hours, tried a different computer on another day, same results.  What are my options?

If waiting hour, clearing cache, incognito mode browser don't work and moderator can't get it to work, someone might have activated the sim card by mistake by mistyping the numbers. If that ocurred, the sim card will need replacement.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@elwood Try using a different browser or incognito mode in Chrome. Lots of times the browser you're using will cause weird issues during activation, and switching browsers will fix it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@elwoodYou probably tried to activate it too many times in a row. Try waiting an hour then use the Chrome browser in incognito mode.

If it's still not working you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.