cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Chrisleduc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you find the SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN ?

5 REPLIES 5

ATMDota

SIM network Unlock PIN should be provided by the carrier who provided the phone.

You must signed a contract to get a locked phone, the carrier will make the phone only usable in their own netweork.

To obtain the PIN, you need call the carrier, ask them to provide the PIN. You need to provide them the IMEI code (dial *#06# on the locked phone). As far as I know, it is free as a new law is passed, asking the carrier should never lock the phone since Dec,2017. And they should provide unlock PIN to the previously locked phone without charges.

If you cannot get the PIN from the carrier, you can try a third party, for example:

https://www.cellunlocker.net/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsfn01bqb3wIVMxh9Ch2_4AteEAAYASAAEgL4RPD_BwE (Never tried but should work)

You need to pay them.

Hope these information can help you out.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chrisleduc based on Samsung saying it might be an international phone, you may want to verify compatibility with Public Mobile before purchasing a 3rd party unlock code, as it may end up being a waste of your money if you can't use the phone anyway.  If all you've used is the IMEI checker on Public Mobile's website, please note that it is wildly inaccurate and known to produce false positives (we see it regularly here).  Please check on https://www.willmyphonework.net, or post your specific model number here (not just S7, Note 9, etc--the model usually looks like a W followed by some numbers and letters.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Chrisleduc wrote:

I called samsung and they couldnt find the imei number in there data bank they said it could be an international phone and i have to get a hold of the original owner of the phone and the original provider they were with but this is not posible so i need another way around it. Thanks for the info otherwise if you know anything else i could do i would appreciate ìt 

If you know who the original carrier is, you can usually buy unlock codes. Those codes are available from various sellers on ebay, craigslist, kijiji, and at many cell phone repairs stores.

Chrisleduc

I called samsung and they couldnt find the imei number in there data bank they said it could be an international phone and i have to get a hold of the original owner of the phone and the original provider they were with but this is not posible so i need another way around it. Thanks for the info otherwise if you know anything else i could do i would appreciate ìt 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chrisleduc wrote:

How do you find the SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN ?

If your phone is from somewhere other than the Telus family (Telus/Koodo/here) then you need to contact that provider to get the unlock code. It's free (in Canada with Canadian providers). If it's a Samsung phone then they can also give you an unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.